Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCAR is raising a company for Sailors Creek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR is raising a company for Sailors Creek!

For those of you who are looking for a company for Sailors Creek please consider joining those who brought you The Guardians of the Confederacy; The Southeast Coalition if Authentic Re-enactors. The SCAR Company will be portraying the James City Battery of the Chaffin’s Bluff battalion. The impression guidelines are pretty basic with just a couple of mandatory items. One being an Artillery kepi and two applying red trim to the collar of your Richmond Depot or Tait jacket if not already applied. You can find the rest of the impression guidelines below. It is also worth noting that the entire brigade is limited to 200 participants, so if you want to attend you need to get your registration in ASAP. Contact me here on the AC or at tylerlunderwood@yahoo.com to get the registration form. We look forward to seeing you there and sincerely hope you consider going with SCAR.

Sailors Creek impression guidelines in the order of preference

Jackets- Richmond Clothing Bureau jackets Type II or III, Tait Jackets. All jackets must have red collars. These can placed over top of the existing collars just like they did. It is strongly preferred that the RD’s be constructed of English Army cloth (EAC). Domestic cloth is accepted if that is your only option.

Trousers – Richmond Clothing Bureau pattern or documented civilian pattern. It is strongly recommended that the issue trousers are made of EAC but again if domestic is all that you have they will be accepted. No plaid, corduroy or striped civilian trousers. Absolutely no federal trousers.

Shirts- CS issue or civilian

Drawers – CS or civilian

Socks – wool or cotton No modern socks

Shoes – CS issue, civilian, boots, US issue

Hats – Red artillery kepi is STRONGLY preferred. Please make every attempt to get one. If you have absolutely no other choice contact me and we can discuss other options.

Haversack – CS issue or documented Civilian patterns like the Moses Alexander.

Blanket – CS issue, English import, carpet blanket, civilian

Ground cloth - CS issue, oil cloth, Captured US painted or rubber

Knapsack – CS issue, English import, blanket roll

Weapon – 42 Springfield, British Rifle musket, 61 Springfield

Accoutrements – CS issue, US issue, English import

Overcoats – US issue, documented CS
    Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 01-08-2015, 05:50 PM.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: SCAR is raising a company for Sailors Creek!

Tyler, it'll be good to have you guys along! The WIG, AG, etc are going as the 18th Ga. Battalion for Sailors Creek. This is a variable Rogue's Gallery.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Registered and paid.
      Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
      SCAR

Comment

Lets get some more folks involved! Get registered with SCAR today!
        Tyler Underwood
        Pawleys Island #409 AFM
        Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

I was going to upload a picture of my jacket here to find out if it would be acceptable for Sailors Creek but I guess I don't know how...

Please Note:

Mikael, don’t forget to sign your first and last name to all of your posts. Please, at your earliest convenience, set up your automatic signature by clicking on settings in the upper right corner, and then edit signature in the lower left of the new window. Thank you for your cooperation! -Tyler Underwood

Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 01-19-2015, 07:24 AM.
          Mikael Gustavsson

Comment

You click the attachment link above the text box when creating a new comment. Then select the file to upload from your computer, drag it to the lower box in the attachment window, and click "Insert attachment inline" (or something similarly worded).
            Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 01-18-2015, 10:48 PM.
            Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
            SCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Gustavsson View Post
              I was going to upload a picture of my jacket here to find out if it would be acceptable for Sailors Creek but I guess I don't know how...
              Does it look like the coat in this article : http://adolphusconfederateuniforms.c...ed-jacket.html
              Silas Tackitt,
              one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
              X