Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Sailors Creek Event News

Hello,

Below is some news on the Sailors Creek Federal Adjunct event in just a couple weeks. I will continue to post any information on this thread.

"Gentlemen,
    News from the organizers!
    We have a federal commander that the organizers can announce - it will be me. I was asked tonight to take command of the Federal forces and work with the organizers to make this a great event. After communicating with Sam Lowe, I have agreed.
    As of now, the 121st New York will march under the direct command of Jeremy Bevard, who has done an amazing job as a battalion commander both at Maryland, My Maryland and Franklin. Keep filling the ranks boys.
    He has the easy job. He has you! See you in the field! I am already communicating with other force commanders to see this organized well.
    Will"

"Men, I am happy that Will is rising up as I know it will allow us and all others at the event to have the best possible experience. This page will continue to be the primary contact with the AC as a second. I will make sure info from here on is posted in both locations. That should reached everyone.
    More info soon on orders, rations and directions.
    Registration is open now until the 22nd. We could use some more men in two of the companies. Please help get those last minutes choices made and the last minute register types registered.
    This will be a great event to start the end of the 150's. Our goal is to create that experience of what the Federals experienced on those last few days in Virginia. Each time we talk plans I get more excited for what is planned. As always the more important piece of the puzzle to make it happen is you!
    Jeremy"

Registration Form: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...istration-Form
    Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
    Civil War Digital Digest
    Sally Port Mess

Re: Federal Sailors Creek Event News

I'm really looking forward to this event! I never had the chance to participate in any of the legendary events on the site so I'm eager to see how it goes. I'm especially looking forward to recreating the charge of the 1st Maine on the exact spot that it happened 150 years ago!

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry
    Tom Craig

Comment

Re: Federal Sailors Creek Event News

Men of the 121st NYSV,
      Attention to Orders!
      Communications will be going to company commanders in the next few days. If there are any questions, contact your company commander, Thomas G Steele, Sam Lowe, or Jeremy Bevard
      Plenty of spots left! Lets get those registrations in!
      Respectfully,
      Francis Lowe
      Adjutant, 121st NY

March 12, 1865 Petersburg, Virginia Camp of the 121st NYSV

Special Order No.1
      The following orders are issued to the 121st NYSV:
      1. Registration remains open until March 22. There will be NO walk-ons permitted. Bring a friend, bring a pard. Requested arrival time, event “go-live” time, parking, and maps will follow when confirmed.

2. A reminder that each man is to have 80 rounds of ammunition on his person. 40 rounds should be placed in his cartridge box, the remainder secured from the elements.

3. Each man shall provide for himself necessary and appropriate ration items for his subsistence the evening of Thursday, March 26th, and early Friday, March 27th. Rations shall appear, and likewise be stored, in a period appropriate manner. Each man in preparation to receive rations during regimental movements shall readily possess on his person necessary personal mess equipment and sacks to place his rations.

4. Each company shall appoint one non-commissioned officer and one private soldier to receive rations at the appointed time. Each company shall likewise readily provide a blanket or ground cloth, pans, or cups with which to receive company rations.

5. While it is understandable the pride this regimental held in its Corps symbol of the Greek Cross. In accordance with orders from General Wright, 6th Corps badges shall be rotated and mounted upon the caps of the regiment in the fashion of the St. Andrew’s Cross – “X”

6. Under no circumstances shall devices not appropriate be extracted, displayed, or utilized. These devices include, but are not limited to, cameras, cigarettes, cell phones, etc. Any member requiring the use of such device is advised to inform the battalion staff and company commander.

7. The battalion staff shall serve as points of emergency contact. Urgent matters requiring the immediate attention of a member of this battalion, the commander and adjutant will provide their cell number. Check these several times a day. These numbers have been published elsewhere. If you need them and have not seen them please send a PM here or email to Tom Steele or Jeremy Bevard.

8. For the purposes of this event – Parade Rest shall be in accordance with the manuals of the Army.

For the Commanding Officer, Francis Lowe,
      Adjutant, 121st NY Vol.
      Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
      Civil War Digital Digest
      Sally Port Mess

Comment

Working...
      X