Emmett Rifles
    Bones
    Joe Knight

Clinchs Battery
    Jordan Roberts
    Johnny LLoyld
    Jonathon Yonce
    Adam Lesshafft

Its a good start boys lets keep them coming.
    Jordan Roberts

Widow Makers Mess
    Red Clay Volunteers

Comment

Re: Before The Storm November 13-15 2015

The Emmett Rifles should be the smallest of the companies. I mean by Dec. of '64 only 25 were fit for duty per the AAR's on the Dec. engagement with a couple of them wounded.

You can find their rosters in the GA Historical Society easily(IF you can get there on a day they're actually open). Per the payrolls and rosters I've seen first hand these guys were pretty close to absolute screw ups but, hard fighters.

If you even read through Dixon's Daybook accounts of them, he even states where... (if I recall correctly, going off memory here) "had the pleasure of mustering the Emmett Rifles this morning, the numbers totaling for the company 35 fit for duty, 15 in the hospital in Savannah and the rest locked in the stockade in Savannah busted on drunk and disorderly conduct." So, hard drinkers... hard fighters.

The rosters though(some of which are '64 dated), when listed on the various levels of things pertaining to the company their rosters list goes to the tune of... "Condition of Men: Fair, Weapons: Poor, Uniforms: Poor, Drill: Poor, Blankets: Poor"... and so on and the like.

So, this will give you some idea of what you'd be dealing with at least with the Emmett's.

Regards,
      Savannah Republican Blues
      [center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/30th_Inf_Sniper/1stGeo.jpg[/IMG]
      James F. Dunigan III
      1st Company, Co. "C" 1st Georgia Volunteer Infantry Regiment
      "Savannah Republican Blues"[/center]

Comment

Working...
      X