Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCAR Company "B" Palmetto Sharpshooters (40 Rounds Events 2017): "Calhoun Mountaineers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCAR Company "B" Palmetto Sharpshooters (40 Rounds Events 2017): "Calhoun Mountaineers"

Wauhatchie 2017: Company B, Palmetto Sharp Shooters
    Commo #1- General information for the event for those of Company B

Gents:
    With about 3 months to go, I wanted to make contact with each of you regarding some overall things to know about this event. I am your company commander and here is your Company staff. When at the event, please utilize your chain of command properly:

Captain- John Lloyd (Jay Lowe)
    LT- David Scott Stieghan
    Orderly- Dillan Lee
    2nd Sgt- Matt Lakin
    3rd Sgt- Rhett Kearns
    Cpls: Jamie Childress/William Debord/Anderson Corder

David Stieghan and I have over 40+ combined years of experience in the authentic hobby, BTW.

Lots of great things are going on for your full enjoyment of this event by the organizers. I have been in contact with the organizers and I am sure this will be an event you will never forget. That being said, here are a few things to be aware of other than what has been published on the website for our company:

1) 4 spots left open at the time of writing this… so REGISTER ASAP if you want to come! Tell your friends now as well.

2) If you are registered and not paid up- YOU ARE WRONG, FIX YOURSELF AND PAY UP. Event organizers need your help to get all money in for costs.

3) BRING YOUR A-GAME TO THIS EVENT. What does that mean? This means a few things, but the biggest is having a GOOD ATTITUDE. This event will challenge you mentally and physically. You will be tired, cold, hot, frustrated, thirsty, hungry, etc. (At times, you will question if this is a hobby or a mental illness.) You will have little sleep once we go into event mode. You will have a hard time keeping a sharp head. Anticipate all of this. This is combat realism on a personal level. If you have any doubts about fieldcraft knowledge, your own personal physical limits, gear shortcomings, gear repair, modern medical issues to be addressed, etc. NOW is the time to train and prepare for them.

4) Get PLENTY OF SLEEP and HYDRATE WELL BEFORE the event.

5) I am planning to be onsite by Thursday 26 Oct 2017 no later than noon. I will let company leadership know if this changes, but I want to plan to show up early as possible to welcome all of you and help with organization of the unit as soon as possible. (I encourage all company leadership to do the same if possible.) When you arrive onsite, find one of us and we will situate you with the rest of the company.

6) If you think you need to borrow gear, reach out to Orderly Lee, LT Stieghan or myself. We might have gear or can find you something to borrow. Don’t think you are in the gear struggle alone!

7) Now is the time to be organizing tentative rides, flights, and other movement to the event. Yes, now. Get a concept of your movement plan well ahead of execution time. It will help if people have to cancel and you can cover down if they were crucial for your movement plan to the event. That way, Mr. “I got the car for 4 guys” doesn’t leave 3 guys stranded because you have a fallback plan well ahead of time. Reach out to everyone on our list in our company even if you don’t know them and ask if they need help as well. Many hands make light work and we are a team.

8) If you can, please consider attending the Ft. McAllister, Savannah, GA September meeting:

We will roll rounds, have some fellowship, stack some arms, share a meal, run the blockade, etc. No uniform required, just jeans are fine. Bring camping out gear, there are hard barracks onsite we can stay in. We want to be relaxed and have a fun time. Bring your musket and bayonet. If you want to bring anything else gear-wise, please do.
    9) All questions prior to the event start can be directed to either Orderly Lee, LT S or myself. When the event begins, utilize your corporals and sergeants and they will report directly to Orderly Lee. Orderly Lee reports directly to me.

10) Let’s all have a SAFE, FUN, and GREAT learning experience with fellowship and plenty of good friends.

More to come as it is released to me.

I REMAIN-
    JNO. LLOYD
    COMPANY B, PALMETTO SHARP SHOOTERS (RECREATED)
    CONFEDERATE STATES ARMY
    COMMANDING
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Re: SCAR Company "B" Palmetto Sharpshooters (40 Rounds Events 2017): "Calhoun Mountaineers"

Have the Commander issue General Order Number One...

-but its a hobby....I know, I know.
      -but it is your Commanders Directive..."not to drink"
      -Night Operations, Mountains and Alcohol, will not mix
      -Peer Pressure and Safety should be the watchword of the day.

I'll let it go now!
      Last edited by Dale Beasley; 07-10-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

We are not that draconian, Brother Dale. Alcohol, for this company in this event is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED DUE TO 24 HOUR OPERATIONS and the complexities thereof.

Get away with it, fine... but if you are a safety risk and leadership sees it, you will be removed by Company B and told to sit it out and sober up by leadership.

End of story. :)
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Lloyd View Post
          We are not that draconian, Brother Dale. Alcohol, for this company in this event is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED DUE TO 24 HOUR OPERATIONS and the complexities thereof.

Get away with it, fine... but if you are a safety risk and leadership sees it, you will be removed by Company B and told to sit it out and sober up by leadership.

End of story. :)
          I personally would not want to "sit it out and sober up" at the leadership tent...
          Dillan Lee
          "Exodus 15:3: The Lord is a man of war"
          Jasper Greens Mess / SCAR

Comment

"ATTENTION TO ORDERS!"

COMPANY B HAS GROWN TO 33 MEN REGISTERED TOTAL. BULLY JOB getting the word out to all!

Remember, the company cap is 35 men total, so we are only 2 spaces away from being totally full. Don't miss this event!

Register today: www.40roundsevents.com/registration

Registration closes for CS forces as of 1 Oct 2017.

If you see a yellow spot next to your name on the below list, you need to make sure your registration is paid in full with Mr. Andrew Jerram ASAP. Don't delay this.

Any questions, please ask, Orderly Dillan Lee, FB:https://www.facebook.com/leedillan?fref=mentions

ALL FOR DIXIE! GOD SAVE THE SOUTH!

JNO. LLOYD
            COMPANY B, PALMETTO SHARP SHOOTERS (RECREATED)
            CONFEDERATE STATES ARMY
            COMMANDING

Johnny Lloyd
            John "Johnny" Lloyd
            SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

The Calhoun Mountaineers have now reached maximum capacity.
              Dillan Lee
              "Exodus 15:3: The Lord is a man of war"
              Jasper Greens Mess / SCAR

Comment

Working...
              X