Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Wauhatchie Announcement From the First Federal Division & Mess No. 1

Greetings:

We have a huge announcement from First Federal Division Commander Bob Minton and Mess No. 1. The First Federal Division will bring folks together for an incredible opportunity at "Opening The Cracker Line: The Battle of Wauhatchie, October 27-29, 2017". This battalion will represent the best of both worlds and the spirit of cooperation within the Civil War Reenacting Hobby. It will represent the 149th New York at the event.

A Personal Message From First Federal Division Commander, Bob Minton:

"For the last few years I've done all I can to promote mutual cooperation in our hobby and tried to establish relationships where none existed before. In the post 150th landscape as the numbers in the overall hobby have contracted it's more important than ever that we work together. Having reached across the mainstream and also into the progressive world, raising a battalion for an event like Wauhatchie is an exciting next step.

I've personally done a number of progressive events over the years, including multiple trips to McDowell, Pickett's Mill, LBL, Bummers and more. I've been fortunate enough to work with Rob Murray on the 150th Gettysburg Adjunct, Perryville Adjunct in 2016 and Ivan Ingraham at Bentonville in 2015. I am proud to say that I have more friends than I can count within the progressive ranks.

So, now seems like the perfect time and place to create an adjunct in the other direction. Wauhatchie promises to be a unique and exciting event. There is an incredible buzz in both the mainstream and progressive world about it. So now, I'm hoping in my position commanding the First Federal Division to bring folks together for a battalion at this event."

From Mess No. 1:

"We are excited to work with fellow Ohioan Bob Minton for Wauhatchie. This event will be the premier progressive event for 2017 and we want to do our part to attract new people to the progressive hobby and promote cooperation across the reenacting spectrum. Over the years, those of us on the progressive side of the hobby have participated in many adjuncts, especially during the 150th Anniversary Events. Now, the First Federal Division is returning the favor by creating an adjunct at one of our events and we are honored to be a part of this effort."

Here is the Structure of the Battalion as it Stands Today. First Federal Division Companies:

Ben Cwayna - Michigan
    Shane Miles - Army of the French Broad
    Mike Lavis - Army of the Ohio
    We have room for several more companies if you'd like to join our cause!

Look for lots more information to come over the next days and weeks. Please read the guidelines as they are expected to be followed. Here is a link to the Federal Guidelines:

http://www.40roundsevents.com/us-guidelines

Here is the Wauhatchie Event Web Page:

http://www.40roundsevents.com/wauhatchie

Here is the Event Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/354022488140203/

Registration With the 149th New York for Wauhatchie:

TO REGISTER FOR THE 149TH NEW YORK, CLICK HERE

Please let us know if you are interested in attending. We look forward to hearing from you!

All the Best,

Bob Minton, First Federal Division Commander
    & Mess No. 1, An Authentic Civil War Living History Organization
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 01-02-2017, 07:49 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Major Wauhatchie Announcement From the First Federal Division & Mess No. 1

Heck yeah!!

Bob and the fine members of Mess No 1 are leading from the front. Plenty of great options to participate in the event, so let's go!!

Communications sent to all Federal Battalion Commanders this evening.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Comment

If you normally attend mainstream events and are looking at Wauhatchie as your first campaigner experience, we are the battalion for you. For more information, follow us on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/149thNYWauhatchie/
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Looking forward to this event.

If any progressively minded individuals are interested in falling in with a great group of troops for this event, please feel free to contact me at ben@hmclawmi.com. We are portraying Company A of the 149th New York.

Check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/887437401403031/

Ben Cwayna
        Ben Cwayna

Comment

Updated Roster for the 149th New York, Company "B", Commanded By Mess No. 1

1. Jason Asher
          2. Brandon Bankes
          3. Bernard Biederman
          4. Scott Bierer
          5. Adam Bostock
          6. Ken Cornett
          7. Ron Demmy
          8. Jake Dinkelaker
          9. Lee Drake
          10. Christopher Edwards
          11. Ben Grant
          12. Matthew Groce