Mission Ridge Federal Color Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Ridge Federal Color Company

Registration opens in a few days. Don't have a home? We may be able to make room for you in the federal color company.

Mission Ridge is an event of three days duration plus arrival day. (This means arrive on site by Thursday night.) In addition to what plans to be a superior event, the color company is making plans to raise the national colors at the national cemetery on the Friday morning that the event commences. The raising of the colors at the national cemetery is a color company only affair.

The location of the flag poles is atop Orchard Knob. This accident of terrain was one of the two knobs seized from Confederates on 23 November. A few hours after raising the colors, we will return to the event site for the Friday afternoon scenario which is the seizure of the other knob.

The core group is composed of hearty men from the Pacific Nor'west who are well acclimated to lousy weather and possess a can do attitude. They also know their drill. Invites have been extended to locals around the Chattanooga area for whom raising the colors like this at the national cemetery may be a one in a lifetime experience.

Of course, there's a secret facebook page. Therein, I am gradually downloading some of my booklets about drill and picket duty. Expect to see some minstrel songsters, too.

I went to Wauhatchie. The weather was bad. Some of these guys were at the LR's recent Sailor's Creek and also suffered through some miserable weather. These guys are going to remain at the event to the regardless the weather. Will you? If so and if you don't currently have a home, consider joining the color company.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Re: Mission Ridge Federal Color Company

The color company is filled and is closed.

This is going to be a great event. Several other companies need troops. Find one. Get registered.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
    X