Preservation March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservation March

I have and idea to host a preservation march to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Confederacy in 2011...maybe Feb or April.

Here is what I would like to do....the Confederate Memorial Park is almost exactly 30 miles from the First White House of the Confederacy.

I would like to march from the park, starting Wednesday or Thursday morning, and march 8-10 miles a day, ending at the First White House of the Confederacy in Montgomery, which is next door to the Archives that houses Alabama's flag collection.

If we start on Wednesday morning, we could arrive Sat morning, and do a living history Saturday.

Each participant would be asked to raise $100.00, and the proceeds would be donated to the Friends of the Alabama Archives flag preservation fund.

http://www.archives.alabama.gov/refe...ags/ackno.html

One would not be required to march the entire route, and could meet the march any day, or stop any day. However, participating would require the $100.00 doantion.

Thoughts?
    Galen Wagner
    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852
Working...
X