POP Quiz! Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP Quiz! Answer

Thanks to all who participated in the recent pop quiz question I posted in The Sinks. Unfortunately, the thread was lost in this most recent rollback on the AC.

The correct answer was:

C) George B. McClellan. He earned this sobriquet for being ensconsed on the gunboat Galena while the Army of the Potomac was heavily engaged during the battle of Malvern Hill. McClellan was in the rear allegedly planning "future" operations while on the Union ironclad and never took control of the AOP during that epic final battle of the Seven Days campaign.

For all those who didn't get the chance to participate in the quiz, the question was:

"Who was known as the Gunboat Candidate during the 1864 Presidential election campaign?"
    (I think that's how it was worded:confused_ ).

Your choices were:

A) Abraham Lincoln-went by many names but "Gunboat Candidate" wasn't one of them.

B) Guy Smiley-If you chose this one, then you need to put down your remote and hit the books a little more:tounge_sm . Either that or you had Sesame Street on your mind. Heck, I'd be quite impressed if you even knew who it was:D

C) George B. McClellan-the correct answer.

D) Benjamine F. Butler-he also went by quite a few names (some not so pleasant ) but once again, "Gunboat Candidate" wasn't one of them.

I've enclosed some scans for your reference. Thanks again to all those who participated!
    -Chuck
    Attached Files
    Charles Thomas
Working...
X