Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations of old reenacting stuff

To All,

My name is Reid Neilsen and I work at Conner Prairie Living History Museum in Fishers Indiana. For those who do not know what we do, Conner Prairie is a first-person, interactive living history museum and we currently interpret three unique periods in American history. 1816, 1836 and 1886. Each historic area has costumed interpreters and discuss Indiana history with visitors through their own experiences completely in thier first-person personas. I am currently researching the "history" of one of the fictional families for the 1886 area. The family was (obviously) affected by the Civil War and we are looking for ways to bring the war into discussion with visitors. It was thought that maybe we could have a few relics of swervice from the war in the house. I thought that any articles of clothing or footwear/headear that are old and worn out might be a nice addition to the exhibit. For example, an old pair of brogans that looks like it has seen many miles or an old hat. If anybody has somehting like this that you may have been considering throwing away - instead consider donating it to Conner Prairie and we may even use it in the exhibit! That canteen that some guy fell on and has a hole in it so big it will never hold water again - dont throw it away - donate it to us! That old belt that is all cracked and doesnt fit anymore - send it to Conner Prairie! You get the idea ;)

Items could be federal or confederate.

If interested, please contact me at crneilsen@earthlink.net

Thanks,
    CR Neilsen
Working...
X