X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWT: Kelly's Ford matching money opportunity

October 2012
    Dear Civil War Preservationist,

I'm hoping all of you recently received our announcement of the new campaign to save a whopping 1,139 acres at the Appomattox Court House, Sailor's Creek, and Kelly's Ford battlefields. Even more astonishing is that we have an opportunity to save $4,657,490 worth of hallowed battlefield ground for just $82,548! That's a $56 to $1 match. In this time of economic challenge isn't it great to hear how your dollars can do so much more?

I know that many of you work for Federal or state agencies where the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is available to you. If so please
    consider supporting the Civil War Trust through the CFC. The Trust
    has won three consecutive 4-Star Charity navigator awards, so you know we'll put your hard earned donations to good, efficient use.

- Jim Lighthizer, Civil War Trust President

Save 964 Acres at Kelly's Ford

The Civil War Trust has just initiated a campaign to save 964 acres of the Kelly's Ford battlefield - site of one of the largest cavalry clashes of the Civil War. Learn more about this battle and efforts to save much of the battlefield.

Learn More »
    www.civilwar.org/battlefields/kellys-ford/kellys-ford-2012/
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred
Working...
X