Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickett's Mill Rail Drive - John Cleaveland

(Copied here with permission from John Cleaveland) - Mike Chapman

Along with the other efforts for this years Pickett's Mill event we are having a rail drive. A single 9-foot rail will cost us about 5 dollars to buy and ship. To fence the field we will be fighting on this year, like it was 140 years ago would take around 2500 rails. I don't expect to hit that target but would like to attempt it. The Park Personnel Had asked me to hold a drive and is excited by the prospects to fence this field. Last rail drive I posted names and donations. This time around I will be posting only donors names without any amounts, instead I will be keep a running tally of the total donations and number of rails. I think doing it this way will bring the best results.

Make checks out to "Pickett's Mill Rail Drive"

Mail them to,

John Cleaveland
    PO Box 772
    Farmington, GA

The drive will run through the end of April in order that we can get the rails delivered a good ways ahead of time. The delivery and placement won't be as "easy" as at Perryville due to the nature of the site.

Many thanks for your consideration.

John Cleaveland

Donations provided 1300 rails for the Picketts Mill battlefield. The fence has been erected so if you attend the event, check out the fruits of your labor.
    Last edited by dusty27; 05-20-2004, 03:04 PM.
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred
Working...
X