Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Shipping policy change

Folks,

First off, if you are a customer from the US or Canada or US military personnel serving overseas this announcement will not affect you in any way, shape or form.

Effective Immediately we will not be taking any orders from new overseas customers. A recently order problem has taken a good amount of money from myself and thus a good amount of food out of my family's mouths. Though I believe in this case that it is not the result of fraud it has nevertheless opened my eyes to the ease with which a crime such as that could have been committed.

I will be working to develop a method by which I can reach my overseas customers, but as international law enforcement is a joke when it comes to our small portion of the trade community this may take some time. It will inevitably add a surcharge of some type that I believe will cut down on my international sales anyway.

At any rate, I am sorry to lose the business of my new European customers, though I would recommend that either you make your purchases on a trip to the states, have a friend from the states order something for you and ship it to you, or have someone in your country who has already proven themselves a trusted customer of mine order the items for you. The bottom line is that I don't make enough money in this business to absorb any more losses at the hands of overseas mail services.

Best Regards,
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Shipping policy change

Folks,

Just a quick update to let you all know that thanks to some help from overseas friends, and some advice from my friendly neighborhood USPS employees, I am now happy to take overseas orders again. I look forward to serving my customers from England, Germany, and France once again.

Es ist sehr gut!

Viva la sack coat!

We were all sixes and sevens but now we're stonking again!

Best,

Dan
    Dan Wambaugh
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609

Comment

Dan, I do not know that you ate this morning, but I want to eat the same !!! :)
      Your cheerfulness, pleasure me in any cases :) :) :)
      And I wait my order with the impatience and the smile of the child in the Christmas morning ;)
      Last edited by Mcouioui; 10-10-2008, 03:21 AM.
      William Miconnet
      French Mess
      AES
      BGR & IPW Survivor
      Never ever give up!
      In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
      I believe!

Comment

To add to your pleasure, here is the photo of Hatman
        William Miconnet
        French Mess
        AES
        BGR & IPW Survivor
        Never ever give up!
        I believe!

Comment

William,

I'll see your hatman, and raise you a jeancloth remnant gnome!

Dan
          Dan Wambaugh
          www.wwandcompany.com
          517-303-3609

Comment

Cool :) :) :)
            William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            I believe!

Comment

You jokers!
              Dan what was the problem if I may ask? You know I deal quite a bit with you fellows from the other side of the pond.
              Jan H.Berger
              Hornist

German Mess
              http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

I have already questioned by saying to him that with the companions, English, German, Dutch and French, we could help him to resolve the problem, he does not want to say? :cry_smile:confused_:sarcastic:tounge_sm
                William Miconnet
                French Mess
                AES
                BGR & IPW Survivor
                Never ever give up!
                I believe!

Comment

Jan,

While the problem was ongoing I didn't want to discuss it but basically I had a new customer order something, and the wrong address got put on the box, the box got lost, and I was personally out several hundred dollars. This situation caused me to realize that there was simply no accountability and no way for me to seek damages for my property once it passed our borders.

For a time I contemplated ceasing sales entirely and indefinitely, and at another point I thought about setting up representatives in each country for me to ship to and then distribute the items from their homes to the rest of their countries, but gave that up deciding it would be too complicated. Finally after ten weeks my box was returned to me looking like it had survived a U Boat attack in crossing the Atlantic, but everything inside was safe and sound. In the end I spoke with my local postmaster about the ways in which I can protect myself, and I was satisfied enough that I can begin making shipments again.

Not a long story, but that's basically it. At the very least I won't be making any shipments to Nigerian princes any time soon! ;-)

Best,

Dan
                  Dan Wambaugh
                  www.wwandcompany.com
                  517-303-3609

Comment

There is of the reenactment ACW in Niger... :) :) :)
                    I am happy that things arrange for you, it is the most important ;)
                    William Miconnet
                    French Mess
                    AES
                    BGR & IPW Survivor
                    Never ever give up!
                    I believe!

Comment

Italy has some serious issues with their post; I've "lost" three parcels that I've sent there.

Comment

Regrettably that arrives everywhere, I put three weeks to receive a parcel UPS of Germany (it was a present for a friend :( ), even the French and German post offices which are nevertheless "big houses" sometimes have their problems, burden, social movements, etc.
                        But it is true that I also had more problem with Italy, that with Asia or Australia, it is a lottery in fact... ;)
                        William Miconnet
                        French Mess
                        AES
                        BGR & IPW Survivor
                        Never ever give up!
                        I believe!

Comment

OT here, but what motivated you fellas from overseas to get into the American Civil War?? i wish I had known that when i went over to Italy back in college

bryant roberts/travellin' man
                          Bryant Roberts
                          Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
                          palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Just that the Americans are European transplanted or that the European are potential Americans... :) :) :)
                            Simply the love of history, passion, etc. ;)
                            William Miconnet
                            French Mess
                            AES
                            BGR & IPW Survivor
                            Never ever give up!
                            I believe!

Comment

One could also ask, why are you Americans reenacting German soldiers of WW1 and WW2?? Or Prussians, or middle ages, or Napoleonic wars or romans!????
                              Something nobody can really tell. It is just fascination in history!:)
                              Jan H.Berger
                              Hornist

German Mess
                              http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

Working...
                              X