Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Federal Blouse Flannel Just Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Federal Blouse Flannel Just Arrived!

Folks,

I know it seems like I'm hitting you with more and more announcements, but I had a lot of irons in the fire and when they all get hot at the same time you've got no choice but to grab them all!

The latest (and by far coolest) new product we have just received is our federal fatigue blouse flannel. We had this flannel custom woven and finished by one of the premier woolen mills in the country, who has been supplying the authentic end of the hobby the best blouse flannel available since the mid 90s. The flannel is the same color as our previous (now famous) vibrant indigo blue cloth, but is much better finished and will not shrink under normal use.

Cost is $25/yard plus shipping. As you can see, we are well stocked!

Also, this shipment finally gives me a chance to finally begin a process that is relatively unheard of in this business. Today we are beginning a fatigue blouse recall. More information can be found here: http://www.wwandcompany.com/coatrecall.html

This gist of it is that for awhile the material we had been using for our coats was not properly finished and was unfortunately shrinking beyond what is considered reasonable under very little strain. Rather than allow what I consider to be shoddy workmanship leave this workshop unchecked, I am going to make things right, and offer new blouses at severely discounted prices to anyone who was affected by this situation.

At any rate, I am very excited to begin working with my new flannel, I have a customer patiently waiting for an SA blouse so I think it's time I cut into this material!

Best Regards,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan Wambaugh; 10-20-2008, 04:08 PM. Reason: Sorry ET, got a little too excited there, hopefully this is a better size.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Custom Federal Blouse Flannel Just Arrived!

Dan and co.

I can't help but ask..

For those items passing from the hands of those who take you up on your recall.. What do you plan on doing with the 'shrunk' Federal blouses? Will you be cutting deals at all? I am in need and I wear a size 40-42.. I'll take a shrunk size 44+ anyday. I'm not ready to purchase just yet but year's end could prove otherwise..

Just sayin.. Only askin..
    Last edited by Jon The Beloved; 10-20-2008, 04:01 PM. Reason: added "of those" to my reply
    Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
    Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
    ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
    ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
    ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
    ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
    ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Jon,

I'm not sure if I understand your question exactly, but perhaps this excerpt from my page will explain:

"WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR OLD COAT:
      It is yours, you don't have to send it back. You can sell it, throw it in the loaner box, or even donate it to a non-profit organization, such as David Slay's excellent Vicksburg youth program, and take the tax deduction! Heck, cut it up and use it as a lining on an overcoat!"

In short, we are not taking back any old sack coats, they are the original customer's to do with whatever they wish.

Best,

Dan
      Dan Wambaugh
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609

Comment

Dan

You answered my question. I look forward to perhaps getting a good deal on a Wambaugh/White Federal jacket this winter. Winter my friends.. that means that no PMs to my box are neccessary till then, though I am in need and would have appreciated any I would have recieved.

Thanks,
        Last edited by Jon The Beloved; 10-21-2008, 10:06 AM.
        Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
        Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
        ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
        ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
        ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
        ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
        ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Dan,

For those of us uninitiated, do you have an idea on the weight of the fabric?
          Tom Mandrackie
          Private, 6th OVI
          4th Bttn. N.J. Vols.
          Brigade of the American Revolution

Comment

Tom,

It is an 8 oz flannel, to original specs.

Best,

Dan
            Dan Wambaugh
            www.wwandcompany.com
            517-303-3609

Comment

I'll take the whole roll.... :wink_smil
              Guy W. Gane III
              Casting Director/Owner
              Old Timey Casting, LLC.

Member of:
              49th NYVI Co. B
              The Filthy Mess

Historian since 1982 - Reenactor since birth - Proud Member of the 'A.C.' since September 2004.sigpic

Comment

Guy,

I'll cut ya a deal buddy! You could outfit an entire mid-war company with matching blouses! ;-)

Best,

Dan
                Dan Wambaugh
                www.wwandcompany.com
                517-303-3609

Comment

Sign me up for four yards!

PLUS, if anyone wants to get rid of a pre-shrunk coat, I take a 48 regular...I'll take a 50 or a 52 any day!
                  [B]Marc Turk[/B]
                  124th New York
                  [I]"The Orange Blossoms"[/I]

Comment

That would be:

Vicksburg National Military Park
                    c/o Living History Program
                    3201 Clay St.
                    Vicksburg, MS 39183

Thanks Dan, You're a good man.
                    [FONT="Times New Roman"]David Slay, Ph.D[/FONT]
                    [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Ranger, Vicksburg National Military Park[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X