Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Frock and other personal clothing for sale

Folks,

I want to make a purchase but "She who knows and rules all" has decreed that to do so I must sell some of my personal items, so I'm making the following clothing from my personal collection available.

US Schuylkill Arsenal Infantry Frock Coat

Made from top quality County Cloth Kersey, lined in antique black alpaca, this 85% hand sewn frock coat is the ultimate for any infantry impression. The trim is worsted wool cording, dyed with saxon blue by Ben Tart, and hand applied. All of the 13 corded buttonholes are sewn with double twist silk thread. The coat features extensive hand sewing through with any and all machine work hidden.

The coat has been worn two approximately five events, and while the pictures show it when it was new it has nevertheless been well taken care of and has no rips, tears, stains, or other problems.

Size is 38

Price is $500.00 postage paid

Front view of the coat giving a good idea of the color.

Side view, note the height of the collar and the correct "pigeon breasted" front.

Back view.

Interior view showing arsenal, inspector, and size stamps. Also note the antique alpaca lining and extensive hand sewing.

Cuff view showing off the custom saxon blue dyed trim.

CS Commutation Period Jacket

ENTIRELY HANDSEWN from FHW green on brown hemp jean and lined in original osnaburg grain sacks (with lighter weight osnaburg used in the sleeve), this jacket is the perfect example of a "sent from home" garment won by CS troops. The jacket features an 8 button front with Parsley Brass block "I" cast brass buttons. Two exterior pockets with narrow welts give you easy access to your items, and another interior patch pocket can be added on request. The overall construction of the jacket is sound and in some places "over engineered" with triple-sewn edges (two rows of topstitching, one row of overcasting.)

Jacket was only worn for about three hours to make some deliveries at an event and should be considered brand new.

Size: 44

Price: $350.00

Exterior front shot of jacket, note the long body and curved front with relatively high-place bottom button.

Detail shot of front showing pocket openings and double row of topstitching.

Another front shot showing the style in which I like to wear the jacket (very comfortable!)

Another detail shot showing the topstitching, buttonholes, and overcasting used to attach the lining to the body.

Lining shot showing the heavy weight striped cotton osnaburg used to line the jacket body.

CS "Depot Produced" Wool Shirt

A month or so ago I injured my hands while installing a metal roof and for the better part of the week could not really sew. While recovering I sewed this shirt for myself out of some vintage plain weave tan wool. This is the standard "on the square" pattern shirt such as would have been produced by a central depot and issued to a soldier rather than sent from home. It is entirely handsewn with cotton thread, and while I did not knock myself out with high stitch counts (such as would not have been used in depot produced garments), it is nevertheless a sound and durable shirt. Closed with five original stipled black buttons.

The shirt is brand new.

Size: 44

Price: $125.00

Overall front shot of the shirt; the material is a little more yellow, close to the iron dyed jean produced by Ben Tart.

Detail shot showing the gorgeous plain weave wool flannel and one of the original buttons.

Cuff shot showing some of the work close up.

Terms of sale: You can order these through my business like any normal product, paying with your VISA or Mastercard, or with a check or money order. All of the prices above include shipping via priority mail. Items will go out IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of payment. Thanks for looking!

Best,

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Wambaugh; 10-28-2008, 03:57 PM.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Federal Frock and other personal clothing for sale

If I only had $500...

Comment

One symbol:
      Bene von Bremen

German Mess

"I had not previously known one could get on, even in this unsatisfactory fashion, with so little brain."
      Ambrose Bierce "What I Saw of Shiloh"

Comment

If only you were larger Dan.
        Frank Perkin

Comment

Frank,

Well I'm the 44... Brian was the 38, but is no longer. Hence why it's time to find this coat a new home. :-)

Best,

Dan
          Dan Wambaugh
          www.wwandcompany.com
          517-303-3609

Comment

.......... Wishing I had $500.00.........
            Tyler Gibson
            The Independent Rifles

Comment

pm sent on commutation jacket
              David McLean
              AF & AM's Lake Saskatoon #106 G.R.A

Comment

Folks,

The jacket and shirt are spoken for and will be on the way to their new homes later today. I knew the frock would be a tough sell based on its size, but I am still hopeful that it will find a new home! :-)

Best,

Dan
                Dan Wambaugh
                www.wwandcompany.com
                517-303-3609

Comment

Maybe I should drop back down to 132 pounds!
                  Brian White
                  [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
                  [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
                  [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

These are the times when we need to thinking about a weightloss section for the forumn so we can all fit into such beautiful coats.

Brett "Homer" Keen
                    Chicago
                    [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Beautiful coat Dan. Almost worth getting it just to hang it up and stare at it. Kind of ironic that there are tons of calls for dress coats and very few out there and there is no one who is a 38 and can own, what in my opinion, is a true museum quality coat.
                      Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Thanks Joe! Folks, the coat has found its new home and I thank everyone who has commented on it. As of this evening every item in this sale has been sold. Thank you very much for your support everyone!

Best,

Dan
                        Dan Wambaugh
                        www.wwandcompany.com
                        517-303-3609

Comment

Thanks Dan
                          Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Working...
                          X