Unbelieveable Coverlet Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unbelieveable Coverlet Sale

For those that sent a paypal payment to Chris, did you recieve any response?
    I have not recieved one yet. Just curious if he hasn't responded to anyone or if mine has been lost in cyberspace. Thanks, Garrett
    Garrett W. Silliman

[I]Don't Float the Mainstream[/I]
    [SIZE="1"]-Sweetwater Brewing Company, Atlanta, GA[/SIZE]

Comment

Garrett,
      I have not received a response either. I also sent Chris a PM here.
      Mark Taylor

Comment

Well, with more requests/payments for coverlets than were coverlets for sale, there are sure to be responses/refunds on the way to many of us very shortly.

Comment

The internet is REALLY ruining trust, commerce, and even the reenacting community.

Chris is an upstanding guy. He is an approved vendor. He has a life other than being on the AC and the internet.

HE WILL SEND YOU WHAT YOU PAID FOR, AND HAVE COMMUNICATION WITH YOU IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.

The next thing people are going to want are custom made uniforms in 1 week. Oh wait, I am sure some already do.

Patience is all that is needed here. Paypal has a safeguard if you do not get your product, so does the USPS. Neither of those are needed, just a little respect and trust.
          Mitchell L Critel
          Wide Awake Groupie
          Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Everyone relax. I was just asking a question, and a reasonable one I thought. No one is questioning Chris' integrity or intentions. I simply thought that after soliciting for people to send money to reserve an item that 4 days was a reasonable amount of time to wait for a response after money was sent. No one is asking for the item to be delivered or that he send a yarn sample to verify he is telling the truth. I thought that since a number of people did the same thing I did I would ask to see if they got a response and I thought I stated that a message could have been lost in cyberspace. I am not acusing Chris of anything. Just wanted to make that clear.
            Garrett W. Silliman

Comment

Originally posted by fahtz View Post
              The internet is REALLY ruining trust, commerce, and even the reenacting community.

Chris is an upstanding guy. He is an approved vendor. He has a life other than being on the AC and the internet.

HE WILL SEND YOU WHAT YOU PAID FOR, AND HAVE COMMUNICATION WITH YOU IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.

The next thing people are going to want are custom made uniforms in 1 week. Oh wait, I am sure some already do.

Patience is all that is needed here. Paypal has a safeguard if you do not get your product, so does the USPS. Neither of those are needed, just a little respect and trust.

They already have custom made uniforms in a week....its called Fall Creek Sutlery....hahaha for all your Zouave-Dismounted-Partisan needs.

I would order one as these are fine coverlets but alas I feel I have missed the boat on this one.
              [CENTER]Yours with a jerk,
              Michael Kirby
              [COLOR="Green"]Fort Moultrie : STRANGER DANGER!
              Sharpsburg LH: Wrecking the Van (The Tripp Corbin Experience)
              Westville GA Work Weekend: SWAMP MONSTER![/COLOR]
              [COLOR="Blue"]Bummers
              [/COLOR]
              [COLOR="Blue"]Pt. Lookout Maryland LH
              Rivers Bridge Federal Campaigner Adjunct
              Backwaters 1865
              In The Van: Trailing Kirby Smith
              Before The Breakout
              Struggles of Secession[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I emailed Chris a day or so ago and he said he still had some. I sent the money via paypal not long after, but I haven't recieved a response. I also emailed him, but no response. I guess we will have to wait until maybe monday.
                [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everett Taylor[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by fahtz View Post

Wow, chill out dude, I was simply answering Garrett's question. I don't think anyone is expecting to get the blanket overnight, but I guess people do expect to receive communication from a seller when they have items for sale. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
                  Mark Taylor

Comment

Everyone,

Thank you all for the great amount of interest in the coverlet sale! I have received everyone's orders and am getting them shipped out now. I have looked over everyone's posts on here, and everyone that hasn't heard back from me I did get your order. I don't, as practice, send an email back to everyone who sends me a paypal order. It has only I posted on the 18th in the afternoon and it's just now the 21st, so it hasn't been four days yet, and I am working on getting the orders out, not sitting in front of the computer for hours sending return messages. IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED IN PURCHASING A COVERLET, PLEASE EMAIL ME OR YOU MAY PURCHASE ONE BY PAYPAL TO mcutley@yaho.com. I am working with the weaver and he has woven several more for me to provide at this price, so I will be able to fill all orders that come my way. And last, please, please, remember that there are numerous emails that come in when this type of sale is posted (it was posted on about 4 different forums, as I sell 18th century repros as well), so its really not in the best practice of time usage to have to send numerous emails when an order is received by paypal. That's the beauty of paypal, it's automated and sends me your info automatically. Now, if, for some reason, you don't receive your coverlet within the next week, please email me. Thank you!
                    Chris Utley
                    South Union Mills
                    [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
                    [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Comment

Great! Thanks Chris - appreciate the update.
                      Garrett W. Silliman

Comment

Thanks Chris!
                        Mark Taylor

Comment

Chris,
                          sent $65 via paypal a few minutes ago. If more is needed for shipping let me know. thanks again.
                          [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                          Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                          Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                          Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                          The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Ok fellas and fellettes,

The first batch are going out today, and here are the names of those who are being shipped:

Ackeret
                            Eichler
                            Krausz
                            Koehn
                            Warren
                            Sullivan
                            Silliman
                            Taylor
                            Mikels
                            Miller
                            Prather
                            Critel
                            Dallimore
                            Thibodeaux
                            Byrnes

May get a few more done as well, but these are ready to go. For the rest of the orders, it will be about a week until I get more of the coverlets done and then you'll have yours. Thank you all again!
                            Chris Utley
                            South Union Mills

Comment

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST ABOVE. IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUR ORDER DIDN'T COME THROUGH. THAT IS ONLY THE FIRST BATCH THAT I AM SENDING OUT. PLEASE BE PATIENT, I WILL UPDATE LISTS AS I SEND THEM OUT.

Thanks!
                              Chris Utley
                              South Union Mills

Comment

I got mine today- it looks great. Very happy with it, thanks Chris!
                                Mark Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X