No announcement yet.

Ezra Barnhouse Goods does shoe repairs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Ezra Barnhouse Goods does shoe repairs!

Ezra Barnhouse Goods & Patrick Cunningham are proud to announce our newest venture; shoe and boot repair. Mr. Cunningham is versed and experienced in all aspects of period correct techniques as regards 18th and 19th century foot wear. His experience was acquired at numerous living history sites across the country.
    We offer full service repair; reconditioning, stitching, resoling and reheeling. Presently, we will require you to send your shoes and allow up to 8 weeks turnaround time. Please contact us for further details and pricing. We look forward to your business.

Ezra & Friends

Here is one of the cobblers hard at work!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crabby; 08-13-2009, 05:15 PM.
    Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
    John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Re: Ezra Barnhouse Goods does shoe repairs!

Great news!
    Bud Scully 13th NJ Co.K Mess and 69th NY (N-SSA)

Comment

Tis just nice to know that service is available here in the great State of Ohio. Heck I probably would just swing by and drop em off!
      Respectfully yours,
      Andrew Jarvi
      [URL="http://darbycreekboys.webs.com/index.html"]Darby Creek Boys[/URL]

Kamfet brav fur Freiheit und Recht

Comment

I would like to give a big thanks to Ezra Barnhouse and Patrick Cunningham and the whole Ezra crew for the excellent repair job to my old boots.
        I had the honor of being thier first customer and I couldnt be happier with the job they did on my 10 year old civilian boots. They not only replced the wore out heels and did what stitching repairs I requested but also cleaned them up very nicely. They havent looked this good in years.
        The whole transaction was a pleasure and I am amazed to have them back home already. If I had sent them to the original maker for repairs I know it would have been a long, long wait.
        I highly recommend taking advantage of this fine new service to our community offered by Ezra Barnhouse Goods.

Thanks All! Well done!
        Patrick McAllister
        Saddlebum

"Bíonn grásta Dé idir an diallait agus an talamh

Comment

Patrick,

We appreciate the kind words and vote of confidence!

Crabby
          Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF

Comment

Brother Crabb,

Following Bummers, would you consider taking my pair of gunboats back with you from Georgia to Ohio to work on over the winter? These booties need heels and I'm hoping you can do the inset plates, too.

Thanks ever so much! Those little hikes in the Missouri hills chasing Marmaduke's men left them a bit worse for wear.

Ever forward,
            Paul Hadley
            College View 320, AF&AM
            Paul Hadley

Comment

Great News,
              Mr. Crabb has fine wares and is very good to deal with.
              Mr. Cunningham is a master tinner and does fine work.
              As the commissary sargent (cook) for the 6th Ohio, I have a number of their products and I am well pleased with them.

When my brogans need repair, I will send them to these fine men.
              Good luck and thank you for the new service to our hobby.

Your Obedient Servant, Sgt Dan Girton, Co. A, 6th Ohio
              Qrt. Master Sgt. Western Federal Blues

Comment

Andrew,

You can drop them by any time.

Paul,

We will be more than happy to pick up your "gunboats" at Bummer's!

Crabby
                Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF

Comment

I just wanted to give a great thank you to Pat Cunningham for the excellent repair work he did on my 13 year old pair of brogans. I got them today after sending them to Pat only 3 1/2 weeks ago. I took them out of the box and the things look and feel like they are brand spankin' new. The reconditioning of the leather and the half soles that were put on is top rate. Spending the money easily beats shelling out 2-3 times the amount paid for a new pair of shoes. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking to extend the life of their favorite pair of boots.
                  Matt Lovejoy

Comment

I just wanted to let everyone know that the turn around time on shoe repair is currently down to 4 weeks, possibly less. This would be an excellent time to have your favorite shoes or boots resoled and back to you before the first event of 2010.

And to show you the magic Patrick can work on old shoes, behold the before and after photos of my old Robert Lands, purchased around 1996 or so.

Any questions regarding repair or cost please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	shoes 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	932.1 KB
ID:	221030

Name:	shoes 002.jpg
Size:	921.7 KB
ID:	221031

Name:	shoes 003.jpg
Size:	940.0 KB
ID:	221032
                    Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF

Comment

I would personally like to thank Patrick Cunningham and all my little buddies at Ezra Barnhouse goods for the perfect shoe repair They did for me back in September. Sorry it took me so long to post this. But I have used them several times since receiving the repairs.

I've had them for 12 years and they've been through a lot of s#*t, literaly.

With the fine job you did on them, I think I can go another 12 years.

Now if I could just get repaired.....

Joe Liechty
                      Mess No.1

Comment

I just received my repaired Robert Land shoes. The repair was done very well. I appreciate the work on the shoes from Patrick and the help from Mrs. Beth. I highly recommend the work.

Thanks for everything!
                        Greg S Barnett
                        Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
                        ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

I would like to add on to the many compliments given to Patrick's fine work. I have a 11-12 year old pair of Serio brogans that were a total mess. Due to the loss of my hobnails, the soles were starting to deteriorate pretty badly. In addition to that, some rough campaigning and wearing them everyday for farm work really did a number on them. I went ahead and sent them to Pat to see if they were salvageable. Essentially he had to rebuild the soles on them. I just got them back last week and I can say i am completely impressed. The soles look great and the shoes look just like they did when I first bought them. Matter of fact, my shoes were such a mess that he is using their rebuilding as an example on his website. Check out the website www.mainstreetcobbler.com and look at the pair that is in various pieces and parts. I would fully endorse his work and will be taking my other pairs to him.
                          [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Rick Musselman[/FONT]
                          Director of Education, Carriage Hill Farm, Dayton, Ohio
                          President, Midwest Open-Air Museums Coordinating Council (MOMCC)
                          Palestine #158, F. & A.M.

Comment

Working...
                          X