Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Kepi Offering

Gentlemen-

By special arrangement I will be offering reproduction caps based upon originals on display at the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room & Museum. This museum in Columbia, SC has three excellent examples of Confederate kepis in their collection.

I will be donating, in the buyer's name, $25 from the sale of each cap to the SCCRR's conservaton fund. This money is used to conserve important items in their collection like flags, uniforms, and other delicate artifacts.

So far $75 has been donated from a trial run of this special offering. Please watch this board for future announcements regarding this limited production.

If you have never seen the collection at the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room, I strongly urge you to do so. It is incredible. Let's help support their efforts. Visit them on the web at http://www.state.sc.us/crr/

Sincerely,

Greg Starbuck

cwkepi@earthlink.net
    The brave respect the brave. The brave
    Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
    That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
    And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Re: Special Kepi Offering

Greg:

What type of kepi's are being offered. I already have the Morgan Kepi. Do you have any pictures of the other models, anyways count me in. Hat size is 7 3/8. Thanks for all of your hard work and I for one applaud your efforts.

Greg Deese
    Gregory Deese
    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Ditto Greg!!
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Me Too Greg! One can never have too many caps.
        Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Same here, Greg! Please keep us advised. I look forward to owning another of your fine caps.
          Last edited by Chad Teasley; 02-26-2004, 02:22 PM. Reason: misspelling
          Chad Teasley

"Mississippians don't know, and refuse to learn, how to surrender to an enemy."
          Lt Col James Autry, CSA, May 1862

Comment

Well, this thread certainly needs a bump!
            I've never stopped to call a vendor to thank him personally for a product before today (emails were/are about as personal as it gets!), but Greg won the prize when I received my Lartigue cap. This is truly a work of art!! The craftsmanship and attention to detail is without equal for this cap when compared to the original located at the SC Relic Room. And what's more a donation will be made to the RR. I could post a picture, but, I promise the pictures do not do the cap justice!!
            Thanks Greg!!
            (And I thought my Morgan arty cap was "the cat's meow!")
            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]David Chinnis[/FONT]
            Palmetto Living History Association
            [url]www.morrisisland.org[/url]

[i]"We have captured one fort--Gregg--and one charnel house--Wagner--and we have built one cemetery, Morris Island. The thousand little sand-hills that in the pale moonlight are a thousand headstones, and the restless ocean waves that roll and break on the whitened beach sing an eternal requiem to the toll-worn gallant dead who sleep beside."

Clara Barton
            October 11, 1863[/i]

Comment

ah cmon David - post a picture...you know how we are! :D
              Soli Deo Gloria
              Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I want one too!
                Joe Madden
                13th New Hampshire Vols.
                Co. E
                Unattached

Comment

I tried to take some images with my pda but no luck getting decent images to transfer. I'll post some good ones this evening when I return. They still won't do the cap justice!!
                  [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]David Chinnis[/FONT]
                  Palmetto Living History Association
                  [url]www.morrisisland.org[/url]

[i]"We have captured one fort--Gregg--and one charnel house--Wagner--and we have built one cemetery, Morris Island. The thousand little sand-hills that in the pale moonlight are a thousand headstones, and the restless ocean waves that roll and break on the whitened beach sing an eternal requiem to the toll-worn gallant dead who sleep beside."

Clara Barton
                  October 11, 1863[/i]

Comment

Working...
                  X