Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the Printer’s Type Case!

Friends!

I’m very excited to announce the arrival of the “Printer’s Type Case,” a new CD-ROM package of 24 original mid-19th century fonts, borders, and ornaments in both Mac Type 1 and PC TrueType formats.

Each font is documented in a 57-page PDF booklet which includes an image of the typeface in an original 19th century document from the Library of Congress, as well as background information about period type sizes.

Download and check it out for yourself at: http://www.jrwickerstytypefaces.com/...rsTypeCase.pdf
    (32 Megs)

This collection includes THE body typeface and italic typeface commonly used in 19th century books, newspapers, and broadsides. While others have come close, copying and distressing typefaces developed in the 1890s, The Printer’s Type Case’s body typeface comes directly from the pages of a book of poetry printed in 1857, and the italic from a primary school reader printed in 1881.

Also included are display fonts copied from typefaces in original 19th century printer specimen books, as well as a ornamental dashes, a font of hilarious silhouettes from the 1855 edition of Peterson’s Magazine, as well as 4 borders coming directly from period broadsides from the Library of Congress.

All this for $55 with shipping included!

Jaunt on over to http://www.jrwickerstytypefaces.com to order!

This project has been years in the making, and I’m happy to introduce the Printer’s Type Case to you all!

Go raibh míle maith agat
    Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Jason R. Wickersty
    http://www.newblazingstarpress.com

Received. “How now about the fifth and sixth guns?”
    Sent. “The sixth gun is the bully boy.”
    Received. “Can you give it any directions to make it more bully?”
    Sent. “Last shot was little to the right.”
    Received. “Fearfully hot here. Several men sunstruck. Bullets whiz like fun. Have ceased firing for awhile, the guns are so hot."

- O.R.s, Series 1, Volume 26, Part 1, pg 86.

Re: Announcing the Printer’s Type Case!

Here's my review...

Click image for larger version

Name:	printerstyperevi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	221629
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Got mine Friday. Had fun all day setting up stuff and seeing how it would come out. Haven't figured out borders and ornaments but I'm sure that'll come along.

Don Harrelson

Comment

I've enjoyed Mr. Wickersty's PTC immensely since receiving it (I missed the Bully Buy Announcement by a few days). Its possibilities are endless! So far, I've put together a sign for my high school history classroom that I hope will amuse my students. Let's see if I can attach it here.
        Attached Files
        John McPherson
        Member, "The Lost Towney" Mess
        Co. A, Fourth U.S. Inf'y & Co. K, 1st Washington Territory Vols.
        Fort Steilacoom, Washington Territory

Comment

Great work. Important and fun. The website is tops too.
          [SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Todd S. Bemis[/SIZE][/SIZE]
          [CENTER][/CENTER][I]Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry[/I]
          Independent Volunteers
          [I]simius semper simius[/I]

Comment

Working...
          X