Painted cloth waistbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Supplies Last: Painted cloth waistbelts

The boss and I wanted to offer up an event specific item for Before the Breakout - something that might add a neat wrinkle to a person's kit for the event. We finally decided to make up a run of painted cloth waistbelts with Atlanta Depot buckles.

We knew that if we were going to do this, we'd have to do it right. With that in mind, I personally traveled to the Mansfield State Historical Site in Mansfield, LA, to examine an original painted cloth belt that resides in their collection. I was shocked at how crude the original is but, after laying eyes on it, I knew I had to make a run of these belts.

These belts smack of hurried, no frills production techniques. The adjustment holes in the original look like they were punched with a dull spoon and are left completely raw. The painted cloth body is folded over like an envelope leaving a raw edge along the length of the belt's interior. There is a lightweight leather reinforcement sewn into both ends of the belt. The original was never built to win any beauty contests but it survived!

I have materials cut and on hand to make 5 of these belts. Why just 5? Because I had pards that gobbled up my first 7 before I could get these out to the general market! Rather than make these "one size fits none," I've opted to fit these to an individuals build. So whether you need a size 28, 38, or 48 - I can cut one of these five belts to accommodate you. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis and once these 5 belt kits are gone, it'll be a little while before we make any more.

Cost is a paltry $45 not including shipping and PayPal fees (if applicable). Order in the next couple of days and we should be able to get your belt to you in time for Before the Breakout.

If interested, drop me a PM or an email at akmdrygoods@yahoo.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Travelin Cornfed; 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM.
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Re: Painted cloth waistbelts

PM sent for one of the belts.
    Robert Orrand
    N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
    Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
    4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Mr. Orrand has his belt underway. That leaves only 4 kits....
      Andrew "Abner" Martin
      AKM Dry Goods

Comment

For the record - orders need to be placed by no later than Friday afternoon for a belt to reach its destination for Before the Breakout.
        Andrew "Abner" Martin
        AKM Dry Goods

Comment

All belts have been spoken for - thanks to all who purchased!
          Andrew "Abner" Martin
          AKM Dry Goods

Comment

I received my belt today. Really good job. Looks just as described by Mr. Martin. A welcome addition as an underrepresented item.
            Andrew - glad we had the emails. The fit is perfect!
            Robert Orrand
            N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
            Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
            4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Fantastic!
              Andrew "Abner" Martin
              AKM Dry Goods

Comment

I bought one of these as well and am very pleased with it.
                Russ Dykes
                Keith Stone Guard

6th Mississippi Adjunct 150th Shiloh
                Maryland My Maryland 150th Sharpsburg
                150th Chickamauga Kershaws Brigade
                150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania Courthouse

"Splash" ......Mark Taylor

Comment

Working...
                X