New Coverlet now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: New Coverlet now available

Now available for order, the new wool and cotton "Snowflake" pattern coverlet. This pattern pre-dates the 18th century, and was commonly found in 18th and 19th century America. Available in 54 x 80 and in blue, black, or red with linen background.

A limited run of these is being taken off the loom as we type, and the intro price is $89 plus $7 shipping. The coverlets will be ready for shipment by the second week of December.

Order through Paypal to mcutley@yahoo.com, or by check or money order to Chris Utley, South Union Mills, 1721 Stephenson Lane, Spring Hill, TN 37174.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving
    Chris Utley
    South Union Mills
    [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Re: New Coverlet now available

These look awesome!

Walter Cook
    Liberty Gaurds Mess
    Last edited by FlaCpl.; 11-26-2010, 02:41 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

I think I know what I am going to get for Christmas this year!
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Once again, Mr. Utley has brought a fine traditional civilian piece to market. I have a woolen one with a Kentucky provenance in this pattern that has been in my home for nearly 40 years. You gentlemen may find your self well served to purchase one for field use and another to trade for a kitchen pass. :wink_smil

Chris,

What is the weight of the finished coverlet please?

Center seamed or seamless?

Approximate percentage of wool?
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Mrs. Lawson,

Thank you for the kind comments. These coverlets are double woven, and the weight is give or take 3 pounds. We are very excited about this new pattern, and as with our earlier Shaker blanket repros they are of the highest quality. They are one piece and not seamed down the center. Interestingly enough, the South Union Shaker Museum has one in their collection that is VERY similar to this one. There is no provenance of where it came from, so we speculate that it was an "import" into the village and thus we didn't strive to repro it per se. These are coming in from the mill next week, so anyone interested get your orders in so you can have them for Christmas!
          Chris Utley
          South Union Mills

Comment

Chris,

Just wanted to say thanks, the coverlet got here today and it is really nice! Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Best Regards,
            Kevin Traxler
            Charles Kevin Traxler
            "You may find me one day dead in a ditch. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass" Trooper M. Padgett

Comment

Chris,
              Just returned home today and discovered my new coverlet waiting for me by the door. Thanks you for such a great product, the craftmanship is awesome! Have a great holiday!
              Tyler Underwood
              Pawleys Island #409 AFM
              Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Chris,
                The coverlet came in time for Xmas and Nancy was overjoyed with it. You really made her day.
                Thanks again.
                Terry Sorchy

Comment

Chris,
                  I got mine today and wanted to say that I am very pleased with both the product and the customer service. I look forward to using this post haste to ward off this Minnesota chill.
                  Thank you,
                  L. Raynor
                  Lewis Raynor

Comment

Chris,
                    I received my coverlet for Christmas and I love it. There is one problem however, I should have ordered two. My wife also loves it because it matches the colors in our bedroom and it is now on top of our bed. I don't think she is going to let me take it out in the field in the Spring. Life can get so complicated! It really is a great coverlet, fantistic.
                    Thank you very much,
                    T. J. Cox
                    Hiwassee, VA

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. This is a truly great repro. Just to let everyone know, I now have two more colors available, a dark crimson red, a light sky blue, and an ochre mustard color. Still $89 and ready for immediate shipment, no waiting.
                      Chris Utley
                      South Union Mills

Comment

Received mine and just want to say what a fantastic coverlet. Great workmanship and fast service.

John Sivak

Comment

Working...
                        X