Mex War haversacks in stock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mex War haversacks in stock!

After a long hiatus, we're back with some new offerings!

Mexican War haversacks - Wow. I had wanted to do a few of these for the '61 events and was I surprised at how complex they are! There is a ton of handwork in the Mex War bags... close to 100" of topstitching in the strap alone! It is very obvious that the federal government made these to last and, after making a handful, I'm convinced that in a post-nuclear apocalypse that there will be nothing left but cockroaches and these haversacks. These have all visible stitching completed by hand and sport the correct cast pewter buttons. We only have three in stock and they are ready to ship at the princely sum of $47.50 per haversack.

Ticking canteen slings - These are made from a natural and medium blue cotton ticking (no, this is not the navy and white stuff you get a Wal-Mart) and utilize a single bone button closure (similar to the one found on page 209 of EoG - CS). $15 ea.

Civilian painted cloth groundsheets - These sport fancier colors and designs than the all black versions. We have two ready to ship - a green and white diamond pattern and a burgundy, black, and white stencil pattern. I'd try to describe them better but I'll just let the attached pictures do the talking. These are approximately 48" x 70" and will leave the house for $65 each.

Iron dyed belts with CS belt plates - I stumbled on to these great CS belt plates and couldn't pass them up so I iron dyed some leather belt blanks to go with them. The belts can accomodate up to about a 50" waist and, obviously, we can cut them down for someone smaller. Pics of the buckles are attached. $42.50 gets you an iron dyed belt and buckle of your choice.

Painted cloth belts with Atlanta depot buckles. Patterned after an original that resides in the Mansfield, LA, State Historic Site. Has leather reinforcements sewn into the ends. 2 on hand, 1 sized to fit a 46 - 44 - 42 - 40 waist and the other sized for a 38 - 36 - 34 - 32 waist. ON SALE - $40 each.

Painted cloth groundsheets with hand-felled ends. This one has no grommets but they can be requested for an add on price of $20 for 4 or $30 for six. That price includes handsewn grommet reinforcements and handsewn grommet holes. Only 1 in stock at $45.

Painted cloth groundsheet with unhemmed ends. This can easily be upgraded to any of the options above. Only 1 in stock at $30.

CS Moses Alexander style haversacks. Entirely handsewn (yes, even the strap) out of a heavyweight cotton drill with a bone button closure.We have a select few of these that were cut from a remnant piece of FHW osnaburg (which was a combination of a drill, an osnaburg, and a piece of cloud). A great fabric and just a handful of these available. Once they're gone, they're gone for good. $30 each.

Ticking pattern haversacks. Basic envelope pattern haversack, entirely handsewn with a cotton tape closure. Patterned after the original in the MoC as shown on page 201 of EoG - CS. 3 color choices in stock (blue on natural, red on crème, and green on green). $30 each. NEW PRICE!

Texas haversacks - a great example of shoddy CS work! Entirely handsewn and only $25.

Prices do not include shipping or a 3% fee for all payments received via PayPal. If interested, please contact us via PM (preferred) or by email at akmdrygoods@yahoo.com
    Attached Files
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Re: Mex War haversacks in stock!

Only two Mex War haversacks left... stenciled civilian groundcloth on hold.
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Comment

both civilian groundcloths on hold
      Andrew "Abner" Martin
      AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Only 1 Mex War haversack remaining!
        Andrew "Abner" Martin
        AKM Dry Goods

Comment

All Mex War haversacks are now spoken for.....

Yellow brass CSA belt plate and belt have sold.
          Last edited by Travelin Cornfed; 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM.
          Andrew "Abner" Martin
          AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Working...
          X