This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Supplies Last: Federal issue haversacks

Finally, after much weeping and wailing, we have birthed some Federal issue haversacks!

The painted cloth bodies on these haversacks are entirely hand sewn out of a sturdy cotton drill. All interior seams are felled and all vital points are reinforced per the original. An interesting facet of this particular haversack is that it has no gusset in its bottom: the flap and body are all one piece. Even without the gusset, this is a pretty roomy bag on the inside. The leather closure straps and buckle are riveted, rather than sewn, in place. The strap, per the original, is machine sewn. These haversacks do come with an interior rice bag.

We only have three of these ready to go now – I had hoped to have more but the winter has REALLY slowed down the curing process for our painted cloth goods. Nevertheless, we have these three ready to ship for $69.50 each. We’ll have two more of these ready to ship soon and, if they don’t get gobbled up also, I’ll post them when they are complete.

ALSO NEW - I have six painted cloth tobacco wallets ready to ship. These are a trifold wallet and are approximately 5” x 3.5” but SIZES do vary to a degree. These are lined with a nice striped cotton and tie with a silk ribbon. Should do nicely for keeping your tobacco in one place….. $12.50 ea. – FREE SHIPPING ON THIS ITEM!

Lastly, I have two CS “Tax in Kind” bags on the shelf. These are BIG bags, approximately 27” tall and 22” wide and have the “Confederate States” stencil on them. They tie shut with a heavy duty cotton tape tie. These are perfect for a commissary impression. $15 each.

Prices do not include shipping (with the exception of the tobacco wallets) or PayPal fees. If interested, please drop me a PM here!

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Re: Federal issue haversacks

Andrew, I sent you a PM.
    Aka
    Wm Green :D
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
    Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

PM sent with regards to haversack and wallet.
      Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
      Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Andrew,

PM sent on a wallet.
        Jeff Thompson
        Co. L, Lone Star Rifles
        1st Texas Vol. Infantry Rgmt.
        Texas Brigade

Independent Rifles

Comment

Gents-

All US haversacks are sold. One of the tax in kind bags is sold. All of the tobacco wallets are also spoken for.....

I sincerely appreciate the business and I'll be back with more goods soon!
          Andrew "Abner" Martin
          AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Folks - I had one buyer fall through on one of the US haversacks so we have one available again.
            Andrew "Abner" Martin
            AKM Dry Goods

Comment

pm sent, thanks.
              Robert Gobtop
              Ol Sipley Mess
              ONV
              Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

Working...
              X