Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US haversacks, Mex War haversacks back in stock....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US haversacks, Mex War haversacks back in stock....

We have the following items in stock and ready to ship….

Federal Haversacks - The painted cloth bodies on these haversacks are entirely hand sewn out of a sturdy cotton drill. All interior seams are felled and all vital points are reinforced per the original. An interesting facet of this particular haversack is that it has no gusset in its bottom: the flap and body are all one piece. Even without the gusset, this is a pretty roomy bag on the inside. The leather closure straps and buckle are riveted, rather than sewn, in place. The strap, per the original, is machine sewn. These haversacks do come with an interior rice bag.

Only two in stock at $69.50 each.

Mexican War haversacks – Of all the haversacks I’ve made, this one is the biggest pain in the rump. There is close to 100" of topstitching in the strap alone! It is very obvious that the federal government made these to last and, after making a handful, I'm convinced that not even Charlie Sheen’s bitchin’ life could tear one up. These have all visible stitching completed by hand and sport the correct cast pewter buttons.

Two in stock at $47.50 each. (One ready to ship now, the other will be ready to ship by Monday 3/7) COMPLETED ONE ON HOLD.

Painted cloth groundsheets with hemmed ends – Approximately 48” x 70” painted canvas groundsheet. Simple and functional. Some would say “elegant” but I’d say that’s going too far.

Three in stock at $40 each. (Two are completely ready to ship, the other will be ready to ship by Saturday 3/5).

CS Moses Alexander style haversacks - Entirely handsewn (yes, even the strap) out of a heavyweight cotton drill with a bone button closure.We have a select few of these that were cut from a remnant piece of FHW osnaburg (which was a combination of a drill, an osnaburg, and a piece of cloud). A great fabric and just a handful of these available. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.

Plenty in stock at $30 each.

Ticking pattern haversacks - Basic envelope pattern haversack, entirely handsewn with a cotton tape closure. Patterned after the original in the MoC as shown on page 201 of EoG - CS. 3 color choices in stock (blue on natural, red on crème, and green on green). I’m tired of looking at these, please, buy one.

2 blue, 2 red, and 1 green in stock and ready to ship – FIRE SALE! $20 each. Great for the loaner box!

Texas haversacks - a great example of shoddy CS work! Entirely handsewn and only $25. Only 1 in stock!

Prices do not include shipping or a 3% fee for all payments received via PayPal. If interested, please contact us via PM (preferred) or by email at akmdrygoods@yahoo.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Travelin Cornfed; 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM.
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Re: US haversacks, Mex War haversacks back in stock....

Abner I'll take a Mex-War and A fed pack.

Michael Ryan Shalla

Comment

Re: US haversacks, Mex War haversacks back in stock....

All federal and mex war haversacks are sold...
      Andrew "Abner" Martin
      AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Working...
      X