Current stock list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current stock list

I have the following items in stock and ready to ship.....

Haversacks

1 Federal haversack - Entirely handsewn body. All interior seams are felled and all vital points are reinforced per the original. An interesting facet of this particular haversack is that it has no gusset in its bottom: the flap and body are all one piece. Even without the gusset, this is a pretty roomy bag on the inside. The leather closure strap and buckle are riveted, rather than sewn, in place. The strap, per the original, is machine sewn. Comes with an interior rice bag. $69.50

1 Mexican War haversack - Of all the haversacks I’ve made, this pattern is the biggest pain in the rump! There is close to 100" of topstitching in the strap alone! All visible stitching completed by hand and it has the correct cast pewter buttons. $49.50

2 Bayley haversacks - This particular haversack is patterned after an original that was carried by Sgt. A. H. Bayley of Company D, 18th VA Artillery Battalion. The haversack bag is actually made of two different layers of cloth sewn together during the manufacturing process. The exterior body of the bag is painted cloth but the interior, including the flap, is completely lined with unpainted cotton. The bag is closed with with a single bone button. $49.50 each.

1 Moses Alexander haversack - entirely handsewn (yes, even the strap) with a bone button closure. $35.

1 Texas haversack - patterned after an original that resides in a Texas museum (hence the nomenclature). Assembled from a plain, loose weave cotton osnaburg and cobbled together with wide stitches in a dark thread, this thing is a real dog! Even the buttonhole is unusual in that it isn’t buttonhole stitched, rather just whip stitched. That said, all of the vital points are very well reinforced. Whoever made the original knew that, while this haversack wasn’t pretty, it would definitely hold rations and not come apart. A great example of shoddy CS gear! $30.

Groundsheets

4 groundsheets with unhemmed edges - These are the traditional black painted canvas groundsheets and have unfinished edges. These are cut a little shorter than usual but are still within an inch of my gum blanket's length (67"). Since these are shorter than normal, I cannot in good faith charge as much as usual. $30 each.

Prices do not include shipping or a 3% fee for all payments received via PayPal. If interested, please contact us via PM (preferred) or by email at akmdrygoods@yahoo.com
    Attached Files
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Re: Current stock list

PM sent on Moses

Thanks
    Kyle W. Sanders

Armory Guards
    Pick'in eny Mess

"America has no north, no south, no east, no west. The sun rises over the hills and sets over the mountains, the compass just points up and down, and we can laugh now at the absurd notion of there being a north and a south. We are one and undivided." -Sam Watkins-1st Tennessee

Comment

Update listing:

1 federal haversack available
      1 Mexican War haversack available
      1 Bayley haversack available
      3 unhemmed groundsheets available
      Andrew "Abner" Martin
      AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Updated listing:

1 federal haversack available (on hold pending receipt of payment)
        1 Bayley haversack available
        2 unhemmed groundsheets available
        Last edited by Travelin Cornfed; 06-20-2011, 09:57 PM.
        Andrew "Abner" Martin
        AKM Dry Goods

Comment

email sent on one of the groundsheets.
          Respectfully Submitted,
          Tony Manson
          33rd VA, Co. E
          4th VA, Co. A
          SWB

Comment

All groundsheets are spoken for.

1 Bayley remains homeless.
            Andrew "Abner" Martin
            AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Thanks Cornfed

The Mexican War haversack arrived.The stitching and overall workmanship is excellent.
              Jeffrey Quigley
              The Tater Mess
              Black Jack Battlefield
              Lone Jack Historical Society

"Col. Pate" said Stuart, "You have done all that any man could do. How long can you hold this position?" "Until I die General" answered Pate.
              General J.E.B Stuart to Col. Henry Clay Pate, moments before Pate was killed in action at the Battle of Yellow Tavern, May 11th, 1864.
              Henry Clay Pate, Militia Captain of Shannon's Sharpshooters, Battle of Black Jack, Kansas Territory June 2nd 1856

Comment

From AKM I have had the pleasure of acquiring; a Bayley Haversack, a Mexican War Haversack, and a painted groundsheet. The groundsheet is my "go to" and most recently kept me dry while in a low spot during a thunderstorm. The workmanship on the haversacks is the "ne plus ultra", and I expect that the federal haversack will be acquired soon. It is too bad that my current federal haversack still has some "miles" on it and is of a provenance from a former approved vendor, but I covet another.

David May

Comment

Working...
                X