Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Bully Buy

Gentlemen,
    The March Bully Buy will feature two coats that none of you will want to miss. We will be offering a Federal Commercial Sack Coat and a Confederate Sack Coat. Both items will be reproduced with exacting detail and will be made in custom sizes.

As Paul Calloway and I have both come back from short business trips we expect all the details of this incredible and unprecedented run of coats to be announced within the next 48 hours.

I am so excited about this run and am very anxious to get cutting on your new coat.

Thanks and stay tuned for more details………
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: March Bully Buy

Sorry for the delay in posting this fellas. I have been waiting to get pictures up before I posted the sale, but am having some digital camera troubles, so will post the sale without pics for now.

The March Sale of the month will take place in conjunction with the AC Forum's Bully Buy and will feature two coats that none of you will want to miss. We will be offering a Federal Commercial Sack Coat and a Confederate Sack Coat. Both items will be reproduced with exacting detail and will be made in custom sizes.

The Federal coat will be copied off of the Lieutenant Starr Sack Coat featured in this article: http://www.cjdaley.com/research/ltstarrcoat.htm. It will be cut from imported broad cloth and will have silk lining. The buttons will be eagle "I" buttons and the coat will mimic the original in pattern and design.

The Confederate coat will be copied off of an original in the Warren Rifles Museum and is similar to the coat pictured in Don Troiani's Regiments and Uniforms of the Civil War on page 225. It will be cut from jeans or satinet and will have piping on the collar, body perimeter and cuffs. We'll offer a choice of black, blue or red piping for the CS sacks.

Each of these coats is normally $395.00, but you can order these coats up until April 15th for $350.00 postage paid.

To order one of these coats, please click on the order form below. Please allow 4-6 weeks delivery as each of these coats will be custom cut and assembled.

[COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Lt Starr coat

Other than the one made for Don Troiani, I guess I own the first example of this impressive officer's sack coat. I could go on and on but I will just state that if you want the top of the line officer's sack that looks just like the original, from super high quality imported wool, extraordinary buttonholes, lots of little details where nobody would normally see, this is it. A fantastic garment. Two thumbs up, way up.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Re: Lt Starr coat

Mr. Cooper, why dont you do Chris a favor and have a digital pic taken as a model. Id love to see a pic of the finished product.

P. Smith

Comment

Chris,

Any chance of seeing a photo of the CS sack coat, or even a picture of the original? This is truly a garment under-represented today. FYI, there's a really excellent example of an artillery captain's sack coat in the Exchange Hotel Museum in Gordonsville, VA.
          Bill Reagan
          23rd Reg't
          Va. Vol. Infy.

Comment

Re: March Bully Buy - Lt Starr coat

don't have a digital camera but if you go to Chris's website and look at the photos of the original and the repro - mine is the repro. The other interesting thing I noted this weekend in the mountains and mud of Oregon is how well this garment stands up to the abuse of long marches over very bad terrain and bad weather and how well the really fine wool resists water. With 4 pockets (3 outside and 1 inside) I finally had enough to deposit notebook, orders, handkerchief, gloves, pocket watch, etc.
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I guess, the deadline to order has passed (Apr, 15.) I would like to have seen a picture of the CS Sackcoat, like others stated.

Jerry Holmes
              Jerry Holmes
              28th GA. Inf
              65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

Originally posted by 65thgainf
                I guess, the deadline to order has passed (Apr, 15.) I would like to have seen a picture of the CS Sackcoat, like others stated.

Jerry Holmes
                Guys sorry for the delay in getting all that up. My digi-camera has been on the fritz. I'll extend the sale price and please accept my aplogies. While I really do want to get that image up, I'm trying to travel to four events in a row over the next few weeks and I've barely had time to hug my wife and kid much less get a new camera.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Daley
                  Guys sorry for the delay in getting all that up. My digi-camera has been on the fritz. I'll extend the sale price and please accept my aplogies. While I really do want to get that image up, I'm trying to travel to four events in a row over the next few weeks and I've barely had time to hug my wife and kid much less get a new camera.
                  Priorities first Man ! The wife and kids can wait. Just kidding !!! :D

Jerry Holmes
                  Last edited by 65thgainf; 04-27-2004, 06:39 PM. Reason: Didn't sign
                  Jerry Holmes
                  28th GA. Inf
                  65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

Working...
                  X