New product offerings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: New product offerings!

The sheer monotony of cranking out the same haversacks finally broke me. In an effort to save what little of my sanity remains, I am offering some different haversacks for your food-toting pleasure.....

New items!

William Spinlin haversacks - The Spinlin haversack, which resides in the MoC, is a machine-sewn cotton haversack that closes with a single bone button. It's a pretty big bag at 10" tall x 13" wide. Plenty of room for housewives, telescopes, spare socks, grappling hooks, combs, tinware stolen from a pard, or maybe even rations. $35 each.

Frankenstein's haversack - I have two of these Frankenstein bags on the shelf. These are one of a kind haversacks that pull known materials, construction techniques, and design elements from different surviving bags. The two that I have are as follows:

Hybrid A) 100% handsewn bag made out of a heavyweight bull denim with a very pronounced twill pattern. Rounded flap with rounded buttonhole reinforcement. Square button reinforcement on the inside of the bag. The bag is a one-piece envelope but the bottom corners are pulled in to give the bag more depth from front to back. 12" tall x 12.5" wide. Black, stippled tin button closure. $45.

Hybrid B) 100 handsewn bag made out of cotton canvas. Body and flap are one-piece envelope style with interior seams flat felled. Pointed flap with rounded buttonhole reinforcement. Square button reinforcement on the inside of the bag. 11.5" tall x 11" wide. Black rubber "Goodyear" button closure. Button and buttonhole reinforcements are both made with a red ticking material that gives a bit of color when you have the bag open. $35.

Also in stock...

Moses Alexander haversacks - entirely handsewn (yes, even the strap) with a bone button closure. $35 ea.

Federal haversacks - Entirely handsewn body. All interior seams are felled and all vital points are reinforced per the original. An interesting facet of this particular haversack is that it has no gusset in its bottom: the flap and body are all one piece. Even without the gusset, this is a pretty roomy bag on the inside. The leather closure strap and buckle are riveted, rather than sewn, in place. The strap, per the original, is machine sewn. Comes with an interior rice bag. $69.50 ea.

Currently taking pre-orders on.....

2 painted cloth groundsheets with grommets. These painted cloth sheets are currently in production and will be ready to ship by the end of next week. $55 ea.

Bayley haversacks - I have enough oilcloth on hand right now to make 2 of these. $49.50 each.

Prices do not include shipping or a 3% fee for all payments received via PayPal. If interested, please contact us via PM (preferred) or by email at akmdrygoods@yahoo.com

God bless!
    Attached Files
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Re: New product offerings!

Haversack "A" on hold and one Bayley on pre-order....
    Andrew "Abner" Martin
    AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Andrew,
      Let me know when the floorcloth is ready pard.:)
      Cheers
      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Haversack "A" back on the market.

Terry - its done. Sent you a PM.
        Andrew "Abner" Martin
        AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Kyle Sanders - I tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full..... shoot me a note once you have cleaned house and we'll conduct business.

Thanks!
          Andrew "Abner" Martin
          AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Haversack "A" is sold.
            Andrew "Abner" Martin
            AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Working...
            X