Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unfortunate change

Folks,

For the first time in our eleven years in business we unfortunately have to make a blanket price increase on most of our products. Rather than quietly make the increase I thought it best to write a brief explanation of the situation so that you all can understand the circumstances that led us to this decision.

Since our business began we have worked hard to keep prices relatively the same. Usually this involved constant efforts to keep the cost of our materials low, (usually by purchasing them in larger and larger quantities.) To us cutting corners on the quality of authenticity of our items has never been an option. Our primary goal has always been to keep the cost to our customers as low as is humanly possible. No one appreciates more than us the limited amount of money people have to spend on their hobby, and as such countless hours have been spent pursuing and making deals to keep the prices of our products the same.

Today (12/1/2011) I took a call with our chief woolen supplier and was informed that their prices will be raised by 20%. This was a shock to say the least. In the last five years we have absorbed five postage price increases and three increases in the price of our woolen goods without increasing the price of our final products. The difficult decision was made that the only way to cope with such a dramatic price increase was to increase the prices on nearly all of our products.

Currently the woolen market is extremely competitive. Decreased production and natural disasters have driven the supply down, while the demand from Chinese companies has increased exponentially. Some of those companies are purchasing the fleece off sheep before it is even shorn! In such an environment a community our size has to struggle to keep ourselves supplied with the products we need.

In an effort to keep things as fair as possible we will be freezing our prices for one week from today (until 6PM EST, 12/7/2011) to allow anyone interested to place orders at our old prices. The usual terms of sale will apply (payment not due until items are shipped) and we are currently operating with a 3-4 month turnaround time on garment orders. So you can place an order within the next week and be guaranteed the current prices.

After 12/7/2011 prices of our products will go up by $10-$25 each, with commensurate increases to the package deals. Woolen yard goods will likewise go up by 15-20%.

Thank you for your time, your understanding, and your business. Remember, we're all in this together!
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: An unfortunate change

dan will this impact the CS jacket kits if ordered w/ jean goods?
    Bryant Roberts
    Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
    palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Bryant,

Yes, this will impact 90% of our products.
      Dan Wambaugh
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609

Comment

Hi Dan,

I ordered a pair of trousers and a haversack kit about a month and a half ago. While this affect that order, or since it was ordered already, is the price your old pricing on it? Thanks, and have no worries, I appreciate your efforts to try to keep pricing as low as possible, your work and customer service is top notch!

V/R
        Respectfully Submitted,
        Tony Manson
        33rd VA, Co. E
        4th VA, Co. A
        SWB

Comment

Tony,

This will not affect any items that have already been ordered, nor any items that are ordered in the next week.
          Dan Wambaugh
          www.wwandcompany.com
          517-303-3609

Comment

It is still a reasonable price increase, especially in light of the quality, research, authenticity, and comparison goods from other vendors.
            Tom "Mingo" Machingo
            Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
            Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
            Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
            KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Even with the price increases, W.W. and Co. probably still has the most competitive prices and highest quality products in the hobby.
              V/R
              [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Outstanding, thanks Dan! I highly endorce WW&Co, their quality and customer service is top notch!
                Respectfully Submitted,
                Tony Manson
                33rd VA, Co. E
                4th VA, Co. A
                SWB

Comment

Still worth every penny
                  Ken Latham
                  Bon Aqua, TENN
                  Independent Rifles
                  Duck River Squadron

Comment

Sucks! But what can you do? Thanks for being up front with you customers and telling us like it is. Tell you the truth Dan is way low balling us on his labor!
                    Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Working...
                    X