Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS Leech & Rigdon Spurs! Just in!! And Hard to get!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Leech & Rigdon Spurs! Just in!! And Hard to get!!

CS Leech & Rigdon Spurs! Just in!! And Hard to get!!

That’’s right!! For sale right now I have several pair of brass cast "CS" Leech & Rigdon "Spurs.

What are Leech & Rigdon Spurs? Leech & Rigdon (Memphis Novelty Works) made swords, brass mountings, pistols and spurs for the Confederacy, first in Memphis until that city fell in May 1862 then at Columbus Miss until 1863 then in Greensboro Ga. near Macon almost to the end of the war. If you are not familiar with this firm look them up most anywhere for details.

The L&R company was making these spurs in Memphis at the time just prior to the war and while Forrest was recruiting there 1861/62. In fact, one of Forrest’s top staff officers Memphian Lt. George Dashiell was an employee of the firm until he went into the field with Forrest. The firm left Memphis when that city fell in the spring of 1862. Soon thereafter they set up shop again in north Mississippi while Forrest and other CS cavalry were traversing/campaigning in that area then again in Georgia with Confederate contracts and shipments to Georgia arsenals like Atlanta, Macon and elsewhere. There can be no doubt many of these would be found in the ranks of Forrest’s Cavalry, artillery as well as other cavalry/artillery units and on officers at different times under Chalmer’s, Wheeler, Armstrong, etc. etc. even some of the Texas regiments found in western cavalry. NOTE: They would likely NOT be found in the ranks of eastern cavalry.

More than one style of spur was made but this pattern with the "CS" and "star" on the side is their most well known and one of the very few Confederate items that were "marked". How many were made we don’t know. Nevertheless, there can be no doubt they were quite numerous. Relic diggers still occasionally find them all over Tenn., north Miss, Georgia and elsewhere. Sometimes, I see them sell at CW shows.....(“when” originals sell) for BIG do$$ars!

These are well made, sturdy, solid brass with good iron rowels and just like the originals. They are not cast very often, are very hard to get and then sell at $110 a pair! Here may be your only chance to own a pair....at a reasonable price!

Guys!! These are "Forrest Cavalry" spurs!

I am offering these "first come first serve" at a very marginal price of only $80 plus shipping. So, if your interested in a pair contact me RIGHT AWAY!! They will not last!

I take paypal (krk1865@bellsouth.net ) or a check. Contact me ASAP!!

Check out my web site for postings of other routine horse equipment and some unique things just added including a reproduction M1860 British Army "pad" bit very similar to the "C" boss bit imported by the Confederacy. Very reasonably priced!

Ken R Knopp
    krk1865@bellsouth.net

Attached Files

Re: CS Leech & Rigdon Spurs! Just in!! And Hard to get!!

Ken
    Sent an email to you for a pair.
    Jeff Thompson
    Jeff Thompson

Comment

Ken

Just bought a pair.

Jeff Thompson
      Jeff Thompson

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

For others, I have about five pairs left....

Ken

Comment

I got a pair of these spurs a couple of weeks ago from Ken and they are really nice!
          -Chris Delew
          Chris Delew

Comment

Iam "re-surfacing" this thread.....I have two (2) ...just two pair left of these just in time for Chicky.

So, if you want a pair please contact me.

Ken R Knopp
            krk1865@bellsouth.net

Comment

Working...
            X