This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: from Greg Starbuck

Starting mid-August I am going to temporarily cease taking custom orders. I will look at resuming taking order next spring or summer, maybe. I do this for several reasons.

1) To concentrate on my Masters thesis which is due in May 2014 (this is very important to me).

2) To give my sewing hand and wrist a little vacation (it keep going numb, possible nerve damage).

3) To remove the constant “how’s my order coming along?” from my daily life (it is truly time-consuming and energy-draining to be constantly giving status reports).

Any orders currently in place will be handled within normal time frames. I will make a few caps here and there, on my terms, and post them for sale on the forums, etc. or they’ll be available at S & S Sutler in Gettysburg, PA. I will also continue to make caps for any museum exhibits or film productions that may come along.

I do want to mention that I’m working on an exciting cap project, in partnership with a museum, which should be ready to kickoff in 3-6 months. Again, these will be off the shelf sales. I won’t be taking orders for them. They will be offered by this particular museum.

Thank you,

Greg Starbuck
    The brave respect the brave. The brave
    Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
    That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
    And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Re: from Greg Starbuck

Thank you Greg.

Prayers for your health...and all those long library nights studying the English Reformation! Once you complete the thesis you will be the perfect moderator for those "great ideas" discussions around the campfire...and we can all benefit!
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Greg, I know what you mean! Making caps is way more time consuming than most realize. It can take a toll on your hands and neck. I don't know how you have done so many in all these years. Enjoy the break!
      S/F
      LtCol John Owens USMC (ret)
      John Owens

Comment

Best of luck with your Master's Greg...I chose the Comp Exam over the Thesis for mine (but I did have to do a 20 page thesis for my B.S. degree so I know the research/time that goes into it). Also, let your hand heal...your health comes first before the hobby.

Take care,
        Last edited by robwall1861; 08-02-2013, 08:01 AM. Reason: Adding Content
        Robert F. Wallace
        38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
        North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hello Greg, I wish you the best with your master's thesis. I am sure you will do well. I agree with Robert- take care of your health. Please let us all know how things are going with you.

Dan Stewart

Comment

Hallo!

It is better to take a time out, rather than crash and burn as some have.

Masters? I have one in the basement somewhere you can have. I'll trade it to you for a cap. :) :)

Best of regards, and success!!!

Curt
            Curt Schmidt
            In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
            -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
            -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
            -Vastly Ignorant
            -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
            X