Knitted Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knitted Goods

I make authentic knitted goods -- balaclavas, sleeping hats, tams, socks, gloves, mittens, shooter's mittens, and wristers. I also repair socks, including making "footings," a period repair for socks with hopeless holes in their feet but a perfectly good and salvagable sock leg.

All my work is made of 100% wool and based either on museum originals with good provenance or written period knitting directions from 1865 or earlier. Among others, I've been to see the knitted goods at the Museum of the Confederacy, the Wisconsin Veterans Museum, the Confederate Relic Room, the Atlanta History Center, the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society, and the Rochester Museum and Science Center. I make all my own work and rarely have anything in stock. Be forewarned, the wait can be lengthy, but you'll have a firm date for completion at the time you order, and if you want it for a particular event, let me know that as well. I stopped taking orders for Christmas 2003 some time ago.

However, I do have one camp hat in stock which was made last year during a slow period. It is brick red in color with black horizontal stripes, and is a stocking hat with a rounded end. 18th Century reenactors tell me this is a "Liberty Cap" if you're familiar with what those look like. It is currently without a tassel, but if you'd like one, it can be easily added.

If you'd like more information or a price list, please feel free to email me at Ktimour@aol.com.

Sincerely,
    Karin Timour

Sleeping Hat is sold

The sleeping hat I mentioned in my last post has been sold.

Karin Timour

Comment

Working...
    X