Wanna meet some good sutlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna meet some good sutlers?

If you want to visit some great sutlers this weekend, please consider coming out to The Gates of Washington Event (140th Monocacy) this weekend, July 16-18, 2004.

We have assembled a great bunch of sutlers that have agreed to set up at the event. While there will be some mainstream sutlers there as well, take a look at the quality vendors you can meet this weekend (in alphabetical order):

CJ Daley Historical Reproductions (That's me)
    Col. Ludd's (Featuring Corner Clothiers and Chris Semancik)
    Jersey Skillet Licker (we all know Jersey Joe and gang)
    Family Heirloom Weavers (Pat Kline's fabrics)
    LD Haning (Leather worker Tim Welch)
    Mac's Sutlery (Bill MacIntosh's period antiques and haversack stuffers)
    Quartermaster Stores (Adam Cecil and gang)
    S&S Sutler (Tim Sheads and family)
    Tart, Brantley & Benjamin (Ben Tart's fabrics and such)
    TP&H Trading (Tim Bender of course)
    Wooded Hamlet Designs (Ken Wagner's collection of trims and notions)

I've always claimed you could gauge the quality of an event, but the venders who chose to attend. I think you’ll agree that the list above contains some of the best vendors in the hobby (many of who are your Approved AC Vendors)

For more information on the event including directions and maps, please visit: http://www.wmhf.org/gow/

See you this weekend……
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: Wanna meet some good sutlers?

Come south, young men! Come (further) south!
    Marlin Teat
    [I]“The initial or easy tendency in looking at history is to see it through hindsight. In doing that, we remove the fact that living historical actors at that time…didn’t yet know what was going to happen. We cannot understand the decisions they made unless we understand how they perceived the world they were living in and the choices they were facing.”[/I]-Christopher Browning

Comment

Well, come up with a list of good events for 2005 and we will.....
      [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!I wish I could go.I'm stuck in this little town. :cry_smile
        It's not fair,it's not fair.Please travel alittle farther west?
        Cullen Smith
        Cullen Smith
        South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Folks,
          If you want to see your Approved Vendors at events, start contacting us know and let us know where we should put our focus. Most of the business people in the hobby are already setting schedules for 2005 so NOW is the time to let us know about events that you need us to attend. We can't promise to go and we can't be sure we'll be accepted, but we can at least look into it.

Comment

Working...
          X