Info on Retail Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Retail Store

Over the last two weeks, I've been getting questions about the retail store in Gettysburg, so I thought I'd post an announcement to spread some info on the situation:

FHW will remain at the current location until November 30th. We just found out about this recently(as you all did) so I've spent the last two weeks meeting with real estate agents since then.

Starting on September 1st (in time for Labor Day weekend), I will be opening a new retail location in Gettysburg along with Corner Clothiers (Brian Merrick and Kara Bartels). The new location will be announced on my website and in my newsletter later this month and we'll be sure to blanket the forums with maps and photos (and maybe a virtual tour) of the new store.

The store will not only carry military uniforms from CJ Daley Historical Reproductions, but will carry civilian clothing from Corner Clothiers, leather gear from LD Haning & Co, paper goods from Sullivan Press, Fabrics from Family Heirloom Weavers, headgear from Greg Starbuck and trims from Wooded Hamlet. There are several other vendors we are talking to and when we have the completed list of vendors for the store, we'll post that as well.

Until we move, please continue to stop by the present location across from Tommy's Pizza and if I'm not in the workshop sewing this month, you can bet I'm in the new store with hammer and nails getting ready for the grand opening (no sleep til Sept 1st)

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: Info on Retail Store

Chris,

Good luck with this venture.

Charles Heath
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Best wishes for success Chris. My husband and I will be looking forward to stopping in the new store when his overseas tour is up in 2007 (or if we get stateside to Gettysburg before then ;) ) .

I contacted Family Heirloom Weavers and placed an order when I saw the announcement that they would be discontinuing retail sales. I was thrilled when they told me I would still be able to purchase their fabrics through you.
      Kimberly Schwatka
      Independent Mess

Comment

Chris,

Good luck in this new venture.

Now my wife will have another reason to try and keep me away from Gettysburg.

Comment

Best of wishes.
          Last edited by ; 08-03-2004, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks for you update Chris, and if you need a hand fixing up the new place, don't be afraid to ask.
            Bob Clayton
            [url=http://www.sykesregulars.org]Co. C, 2nd U.S. Infantry, "Sykes Regulars"[/url]
            Honoring the proud history and traditions of the U.S. Army
            [url=http://home.comcast.net/~coffeeboiler/sykes_pics.htm]Photo Gallery[/url]

Comment

Sorry for placing so many orders in the past few days :D ... I hope they don't distract you from getting the store ready for opening! :wink_smil

Like so many others... I wish you the best of success, and look forward to making up to the store at some point in the coming months (perhaps as a side trip after the SGLHA Picket Post this November?). :)
              Brian Hicks
              Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Chris,
                Congrats on the new location, I wish you the best of luck there.
                -Charlie
                Vive la Compagnie
                Charlie Spickler
                Co. I Mess
                CWPT Member

Comment

good luck mr.daley

Sincerely,
                  Alex Belhumeur

Georgiareb

Comment

It means so much to Jenn and I when we read such nice things. I appreciate the posts and e-mails I've been getting, especially from those who've offered help moving and getting the new store ready. We'll make an announcement later on this month with all the details.
                    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Chris,
                      There only one problem with you moving.You can't head across the street to get some pizza if you're hungry.Beside,you'd probebly look funny eating pizza in a sack coat and bummer, :tounge_sm .
                      Your new store sounds like it will rock.Hope I can make it up there soon.Good luck with it and the new kid on the way.
                      Cullen Smith
                      Cullen Smith
                      South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Working...
                      X