Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abe Thomas blankets SOLD OUT!

Friends,

I'd like to thank everyone who purchased an Abe Thomas blanket from me in the past year or so. Quartermaster Woolens sold out that part of their business to me and I've been proud to carry that fine reproduction blanket. Sadly, there now are no more except on the used/secondary market just like my Woodburn-Mount and Julius Jones blankets. I do not intend to produce more of these particular blankets as I'm working on another blanket project for Confederate impressions. So what's a soldier to do that needs a good Federal blanket? For now I recommend Todd Detweiler's Waterside Woolens Keagy Noble blankets ($125) and Charlie Childs' county Cloth gray Federal blanket ($135). They are both good reproductions. I've not personally examined Nick ************'s coarse tan blanket (looks similar to a Julius Jones as I can tell), but Nick is known for quality. See E.J. Thomas for Nick's blanket ($115). Of course the AC forum is another place to find quality used blankets, so keep that in mind too.
    Last edited by Matt Woodburn; 03-08-2007, 02:14 PM.
    Matt Woodburn
    Retired Big Bug
    WIG/GHTI
    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Working...
X