Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of those hot, scratchy drawers? Cotton knit drawers are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of those hot, scratchy drawers? Cotton knit drawers are here!

Carter & Jasper announces the arrival of the much anticipated cotton knit drawers. These drawers are made of muslin colored custom made cotton knit cloth, and faced with cotton muslin. An excellent, period correct alternative to those hot and bulky wool or canton flannel drawers! Summer is coming, the temps are rising, so get these while you can. Once the custom cloth is gone, there won't be any more drawers available. Introductory price is only $65 per pair. Email or call today to take advantage of this offer! Call Carter & Jasper at 615-533-7017 or email carterandjasper@yahoo.com. The drawers are taken from the research of Mr. NJ ************ of Historic Clothiers. Attached pictures show detail of drawers, before the buttons were added.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Utley; 03-26-2007, 07:52 AM. Reason: add text
    Chris Utley
    South Union Mills
    [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Re: Tired of those hot, scratchy drawers? Cotton knit drawers are here!

What does the internal seams-construction look like? I f they aren't too rough, I would like a pair. Sounds like a great alternative for marching.
    Gregory Deese
    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

The internal seam construction will not bother you or cause you to be uncomfortable.
      Chris Utley
      South Union Mills
      [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
      [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Comment

Received a pair today.

They look and feel good. No concerns about the internal seems. Much, much lighter than Federal Issue Drawers.

The Encampments at Pittsburg Landing will be their trial.
        Last edited by BrianHicks; 03-31-2007, 02:28 PM.
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

At BGR, my Federal issue drawers rubbed my thighs raw and wouldn't stay up. It was so miserable I forgot my feet hurt. I was dreading wearing them again at Shiloh this past weekend. Well, I fixed that problem!

I snagged a pair of these cotton knit babies just last week and they are the shnizzle! :shades_sm I wore them all weekend at Shiloh and loved them. Much, much more comfortable than the issue type! Somebody asked about the seams - these drawers aren't bulky in the crotch like some of the issue versions are, so there isn't any seam rub on the thigh.

And, even though they are cotton knit, I thought they kept my legs plenty warm Saturday evening when the temps dropped down and the wind picked up. I was ready to throw on my issue ones in case I got cold, but finally decided it wouldn't be necessary.

I was so happy with my new drawers I was showing off my underwear, even showing them to a couple of spectators. (Yeah, boys, I showed my drawers to those two chicks, 1) tall and curly and 2) short and blonde, that hung out all day Saturday and came back Sunday. I wish it could have been more ... but I digress.)

Check 'em out, boys! You won't regret it.
          Joe Smotherman

Comment

Working...
          X