Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New items in stock!

All,
    I have recently completed two Confederate caps ready to be purchased and shipped! Though I specialize in Trans-Mississippi goods, these caps are of the common variety would be appropriate in nearly any scenario in any of the three theatres of war.

1) This cap is constructed of bright red cotton velveteen and British army cloth.
    It features:
    - Hand enamelled leather, layered, and bound visor
    - Hand enamelled functional leather chinstrap
    - Oil cloth sweatband with osnaburg lining
    - Internal seams machine sewn with a period sewing machine using FHW's undyed cotton thread
    - Hand attached disk, sweatband, and stiffened cotton jean band interlining
    - Script 'I' buttons
    - Constructed using a description of a cap in a private collection for the base and photo's of a similar cap for reference
    - Size 22 1/2 inches, or would fit a cap size of 7 1/8 -> 7 1/4
    Price: 100.00 +shipping

2) This cap is constructed out of the now unavailable Rabbit Goody/Thistle Hill Weaver's darker sheep's gray jean.
    It features:
    - Iron dyed and codliver oiled visor
    - Brown tabby weave cotton tape nonfunctional chinstrap
    - Oil cloth sweatband tacked around the perimeter to the FHW shirting lining
    - Internal seams machine sewn with a period sewing machine using FHW's Indigo dyed cotton thread
    - Hand attached disk, sweatband, and burlap band interlining
    - Original calico buttons
    - Constructed using my 'Common Nondescript Enlisted Cap' pattern (more info on this style of cap can be found here)
    - Size 23 1/2 inches, or would fit a 7 1/2 or slightly larger head comfortably
    Price: 90.00 +shipping

The caps I make don't stay on the In stock page for long, so if you are needing a new cap to cover your head whilst on campaign....ACT FAST!

More photos available upon request.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 04-17-2007, 08:11 PM. Reason: Photo size affecting front page layout.
    Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
    Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Re: New items in stock!

Cody makes outstanding items, caps being only one such offering.

Lads in need of proper headgear ought not let these sit too long.

Regards,
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Working...
    X