No announcement yet.

T.M.D.Co. In Stock List for Aug & Sept!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.M.D.Co. In Stock List for Aug & Sept!

Hi All,

Here is the August / September In Stock List

I will be happy to send pics of any of the items listed. Feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions

I look forward to hearing from you

All the best

Don S

T.M.D.Co.

Trans-Mississippi Depot Company
    209 W. SPUR DR.
    Cottonwood, Arizona, 86326
    (928) 649-1395
    drsmith4895@earthlink.net

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2007
    Items In Stock
    READY TO SHIP!!!

TRANS-MISSISSIPPI DEPOT GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!!!!

Just the item for the special soldier! In denominations of
    $20, $50, & $100
    AVAILABLE NOW!

BELTS

5 USB1 U.S. M1861 Belt, Waxed Flesh or Bridal Leather With Buckle (Used from 1851-1872)
    Belt comes like the belt above; with a hand sewn leather keeper at the one end complete with your choice of Puppy Paw or Early Allegheny Arrow back plate…………………………………………………………………..$60.00

1 USB10 U.S. Mid War M1851 Saber Belt, Made of Bridal Leather, all parts are sewn & riveted for extra strength. (1863-72)
    Complete with M1851/63 Plate. The M1851/63 belt saw use until 1872 when it was replaced by a newer model. These saw use not only in the Civil War, but also the Indian Wars as well…………..….………..………$125.00

2 CSB1 Confederate 1 Ύ“wide Iron Dyed Belt, with 1 Ύ”Roller Buckle (1861-65) ………………………………………………………..$55.00

1 CSB7 Horter MaGee & George Fork Tongue Belt (1861-65)
    This belt is unique to the south and the firm of MaGee & George that made the. It is a common belt encountered in all of the theaters of the war. The buckle is sewn to the line embossed iron dyed belt by hand, and stamped with the firms name as per the original…………………….…………..$55.00

1 CSB5 Atlanta Arsenal or Columbus Painted Cloth Belt (1863-65) (REAL Painted Cloth Not Latex). This belt is made of painted cloth folded around a central core and sewn. With interior leather reinforcements Copied from an example in Mansfield Louisiana, With CS Cast Columbus Arsenal Plate …………………………………………………………....…$60.00

NEW!!!CSB9 Confederate Iron Dyed Leather Waist Belt. (1861-65)
    Typical CS Leather belt encountered by collectors, Belt has wide spaced adjustment holes and is Iron Dyed. Made with smooth side out. With Hand stamped Copper CS “Egg” Plate ………………………………..$60.00

2 MB1 Militia Web Belt with Rectangular Brass Plate (1820-1900)
    Commonly encountered in period pre war and early war images. This belt is made from a correct weave militia web copied from an original in my collection, picked up off of Manassas battlefield.
    The plate itself is a sheet brass square, self-adjusting plate, with two tines on the back of the plate that go into the webbing to secure it. The other end has a brass wire keeper for the buckle to attach to…………………..$50.00

1 WB1 Civilian Laborer or Miners Utility Waist Belt, (1820-1900), Various styles.
    These belts were used by workmen & soldiers, instead of braces (suspenders). For the Laborer or Miner. Made of period correct waist belt web copied from the original in our collection, hand dyed blue with Documented Civilian “Spoon & Wreath” Utility plate, depicting a miner digging with a pick, I offer these in several styles………….……..… $55.00

BOX BELTS
    1 MCBB1 Militia Web Box Belt, (1820-1900)
    Web belting was an inexpensive way for a militia regiment or organization to look military with out the expense of white buff leather. Used by several state Militias North & South. This box belt is made either to button onto the back of a militia box or with a leather end to attach to the buckles on most cartridge boxes………………………………………………………$30.00

5 CSCBB4 Hughes Pendergrass & Snow Web Box Belt. (1862-65)
    A unique wide heavy web box belt that is incredibly strong. It saw use in the Army of Tennessee & Army of Northern Virginia………………$40.00

HAVERSACKS

1 USH3 U.S. M1851 New York Depot Haversack, Almost Completely Machine Sewn as Per The Original. Inspector Marked. With interior bag (1862-1872)
    Made by the New York Depot in 1862. This haversack is 10 ½”tall x 13” wide with a 3” wide bottom gusset, and is mostly Period Machine sewn (Per the 1851 Rolling Hook Mechanism), Hand painted with period recipe paint, hand finished with flat felled seams, leather strap & buckle. The flaps leather strap is complete with Inspectors Stamp of the NY Depot. Comes complete with interior bag held in place by Paper Back Tin Buttons………………………………………………………………………$75.00

2 USH4 U.S. State issue “Ohio” Blue Line Duck Haversack
    (1861-65)
    The “blue line” gets its name from the blue thread that runs along the selvage edge of the duck used in the flap of the haversack. It was made by various states for their volunteers. This bag is entirely period machine sewn per the Pat 1851 Wilson rolling hook mechanism the bag is un unpainted and is aprox. 10 ½” X 10”, it comes with Inspectors stamp on the flap………………………………………………………………..…….$35.00

CANTEEN SLINGS

13 USCS1 U.S. Leather Canteen Sling, Russet Hand Sewn (1858-1872)
    Replacing the tin drum type canteen. The regulation canteen for the Federal Army just previous to the war became the Model 1858 Tin oblate spheroid canteen. This is the regulation canteen sling that was first issued with this canteen. Made of russet oiled leather5/8” wide and 72” long with a thing gauge iron roller buckle, hand sewn with leather keeper and a “chape” or “safe” sewn behind it………………………………………..$30.00

2 USCS2 U.S. Cloth Canteen Sling, Period Machine Sewn (1860-1874)
    Starting around 1860 the m1858 canteen was furnished at some depots with a folded cloth sling that was machine sewn. It was used on the canteen eventually becoming the standard making the leather sling obsolete. The Cloth sling was used until 1874 when the sling was changed to a different type. This sling is period machine sewn with the pat. 1851 Wilson Mechanism. This strap comes with inspector marks………..$15.00

1 CSCS1 Confederate Leather Canteen Sling, Iron Dyed with either a Brass Or Iron Buckle (1861-65)
    The confederate leather slings were made of leather, with iron roller buckle or a brass buckle hand sewn into place. They varied in width and can be made 5/8” up to 1” wide. This sling is made with your choice of natural oiled leather or Iron dyed leather.……………………………………………………………….….$30.00

7 CSCS5 Confederate Cotton Web Canteen Sling, With Iron Roller Buckle (1861-65)
    As Seen in the Canteen Book by Silvia & O’Donnell on “Gardner” Canteens
    And on C.S. Tin Drum and Captured Canteens. This strap features a 7/8” iron wire roller buckle secured with a leather end piece, that is saddle stitched to the web strap. The buckle adjusts by working the tongue thought the web………………………………………………………..$25.00

19 CSCS6 Confederate, Hughes Pendergrass & Snow Web Canteen Sling (1862-65)
    Made by the firm Hughes Pendergrass & Snow for the Confederate government. This sling is seen in Echoes of Glory CS & Silvia & O’Donnell’s Canteen book on C.S. Tin Drum & captured U.S. Canteens. It is made with a leather end piece with a buttonhole punched in it. Hand sewn to the webbing with a leather button sewn to the other end. Simple and effective……………………………………………….………………$25.00

1 CSCS8 Confederate Folded Cloth Canteen Sling with Suspender Buckle (1861-65)
    This canteen sling is seen on many examples of Tin Drum canteen. It is made of period machine sewn cotton canvas belting with a 1” suspender buckle sewn to the end. As seen in Silvia & O’Donnell’s Canteen book……………..……………………………………………………..……$20.00

RIFLE SLINGS

1 CSRS1 Confederate Cloth Sling for Rifle-Musket 1862-65)
    This is a one size fits all as per the original. It will fit Springfield, Mississippi Type, Enfield Rifles & Musketoons/Carbines (it is not made to fit the long Enfield). It is made of period machine sewn cotton heavy osnaburg (via the 1851 Wilson Mechanism) with iron adjusting hook hand sewn into place. The sling had a leather strip hand sewn in to place for the adjusting holes, with leather keepers.
    This is a common item in the CSA found from Tennessee to Virginia..…$35.00

SUSPENDERS

11 S2 The “Farmer” Suspender
    These 1 Ύ” Wide Web Suspenders, comes with Period Correct Pat. 1847 nickel plated iron suspender buckles. They have leather back tabs and leather risers.
    Made to handle period farm chores and hard work!…………… ……$40.00

1 S3 The “Peterson Magazine” Suspender,
    This suspender design is featured in Peterson’s Magazine. Although, this specific pattern has been around for a long while at least back to the 1840’s. The suspenders have straps of sewn cloth that are 1 ½” wide with leather back tabs and fronts that are made of thin supple leather that taper to a tongue that indexes into a suspender buckle attached to the sewn leather risers. These have a very refined look about them and complement that NCO, Officer, or Gent about town nicely. Made of Red, Green or Patterned Sewn Cloth (call for what’s in stock or for your request) with Striped Backing and Leather ends with Buckles and Leather Risers………………………………………………………………………$45.00

8 S4 Plain Web Suspenders,
    These are made of period correct narrow cotton webbing (1” wide) with leather back tabs and have sturdy leather risers in the front with either common brass or Period Pat 1847 nickeled iron buckles………….$35.00

23 NEW! S6 “DUTCHMAN” SUSUPENDERS!
    These are similar to the Red Line & Plain web types. Made of Imported German Webbing with Imported German Steel Suspenders Buckles that are coated in German Silver. They come either with Period Rubberized Cotton braided webbing or Plain back tabs………………………………………………………...$40.00

CLOTHING

1 US Military Private Purchase Vest, Size 46” chest.

Made according to original . This vest is made of Blue Wool Flannel, Lined in Cotton Drill. It is period machine sewn with hand sewn button holes.
    Chest is lightly padded as per originals……………………………..$175.00

1 CS / Civilian Notched lapel Vest, Size 42” chest

Made according to originals, it is period machine sewn with hand finishing & button holes. Comes with Imported French brass dome buttons . Chest is lightly padded. Vest is lined throughout in Brown cotton………$175.00

CAPS

1 CSCCUSTOM CS Cap, Size 7 3/8

Custom made Common type CS Cap as seen throuth out the war. Cap is made of County Cloth #17 Jeans with a Dark Blue Band. Hand Enameled Chin Strap and Bill. Lined in natural Cotton with Painted Cloth Sweat Band……………………………………………………………..……..$85.00.

"In Stock TERMS & CONDITIONS"

ORDERING:
    I accept Orders by Mail and by Phone (928) 649-1395
    Phone Hours are 7am –7pm M-F, Sat by Chance

Returns accepted on items if returned within ten days. Shipping costs will not be refunded.

In Stock Items, PLEASE ALLOW:
    Items that are in stock can be sent out As soon as payment arrives.

PLEASE NOTE! I will endeavor to get your order to you As Soon As I Can with in the time frame given. Your Patronage and Patience is greatly appreciated.

PLEASE… If you have concerns about meeting a delivery deadline, write, e-mail or call BEFORE placing your order.

SHIPPING: We Ship Via US Priority Mail
    With orders up to $69.00, add $6.00; from $70.00 to $149.00, add $9.00; from $150.00 to $300.00, add $12.00; from $300.00 to $500.00, add $15.00; in excess of $500.00, add $20.00.

PAYMENTS: PAYMENT in FULL CONFIRMS Order.

Money Orders and Cashiers Checks PREFERED

VISA & MASTERCARD ACCEPTED BY PHONE

MONEY ORDERS ORIGINATING OUTSIDE THE U.S.A. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Customers outside of the U.S. must pay with VISA, MasterCard or U.S. funds

PLEASE MAKE OUT, AND SEND TO:
    Trans-Mississippi Depot Co.
    209 W. SPUR DR.
    COTTONWOOD, AZ, 86326-5003
    (928) 649-1395
    Don F Smith

Re: T.M.D.Co. In Stock List for Aug & Sept!

Hi All,

The CSB9 Confederate Iron Dyed Leather Waist Belt with Hand Stamped "CS Egg Plate " is SOLD

The CSB7 Horter MaGee & George Fork Tongue Belt is SOLD as well

Several sets of suspender are sold . Still more on hand of all types listed!

Get your set fer holdin' up them trousers today!

I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best

Don S
    Last edited by D F Smith Historic; 08-24-2007, 07:44 PM. Reason: updating of items sold
    Don F Smith

Comment

Re: T.M.D.Co. In Stock List for Aug & Sept!

Friends,
      I have owned a number of Don's items over the years and they are first rate! My most recent purchase is an iron-dyed CS waistbelt with copper CS egg plate, and it is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made for my impression; plus, Don is a true gentleman in every sense of the word. Best regards.
      Tom "Mingo" Machingo
      Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
      Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
      Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
      KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Working...
      X