Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Notes for Outpost!

All,

I have some Tennesse and Louisiana bank notes ready to ship for Outpost. Please send me an email if interested.

Baton Rouge $1 issue date Feb. 24th, 1862
    New Orlean's Citizen's Bank $10 note, with an issue date in late 1861 or early 1862
    New Orlean's Citizen's Bank $2 note, with an issue date in late 1861 or early 1862
    Amite City Merchant's note: Charles S. Stewart 50ct. dated in late 1861 or early 1862

Clarksville's Bank of America $5 note with early 1862 issue dates
    Nashville's Bank of Tennessee 50ct note with Dec. 1st 1861 issue date
    Nashville's Union Bank $5 bank note, with spring 1861 issue dates
    Nashville's Bridge Co. $2 scrip, with spring and summer issue dates
    Nashville's Bridge Co. $5 scrip, with spring and summer issue dates

These notes are printed on cotton 'paper' with weights ranging from 10-12 lb to 32 lb. The price for any individual note is 1.25 or 10 notes for 10.00 with a flat rate priority shipping of 3.00 regardless of how many notes are purchased.

I have other notes (Texas treasury warrants, Eastern and Western Tn bank and county notes, Ga, KY, Missouri, and Louisiana notes) printed please send an email to companytailor@gmail.com if interested.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 10-14-2007, 07:55 PM. Reason: Made image an attachment - throwing off front page formatting.
    Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
    Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Re: Bank Notes for Outpost!

In the pocket of my new Cody Mobley overcoat (civilian pattern overfrock) were two Louisiana banknotes - the word "wow" comes to mind, to say nothing of how superb the overcoat is. Thanks Cody!!
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

For those of you who may be on the fence about ordering some of these notes for Outpost, let me assure you that they are of the highest quality. Here are some sections of the reproduction notes for you to judge for yourself.

Thank you for your interest!

Baton Rouge $1
      Nashville Bridge Co. $2
      Clarksville $5
      New Orleans' Citizen bank $10
      Attached Files
      Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
      Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Comment

Hello Cody,

I placed an order with you via email.Let me know if you received it (my computer is acting up again!).

Many thanks!
        Ron Moen
        Co.A, First Texas Infantry (Retired)
        CWPT
        E Clampus Vitus

Comment

Cody made some notes for Rich Mountain a few years back and thery were pretty sexy. Add that extra touch to your kit, and then gamble it away.
          Sean Harla

Comment

Cody is definitely the best note forger currently active in the bizness. :D

Miss Amie and I have driven all the way from Alabama to Mansfield more than once, bearing pies, in order to get paid by Ground Hornets, who always have a pocketful of those notes.
            Terre Hood Biederman
            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Counterfeitting?!??!?!

I got to handle a few of the "Mobley Counterfeits" this last weekend while at an event and I must say that if this was 1864 the CSA Treasury agents would be hauling him off right now! They are great, he even found a source of cotton paper that feels just like REAL money! Its amazing how such a little detail can make ALL the difference in the world! I have to admit, these are probably the best reproduction notes I have ever had in my dirty little hands! I plan to get a full run of his "Texas" notes!

Event coordinators...you HAVE to have these to use as "event bucks"!

Too bad none of the approved vendors will accept them as real currency!

Now if I can get him to do some US 1840's and 50's bank notes for my Antebellum stuff.........

Chris Fischer
              F-Troop

Comment

Wow!!! Knowing Cody, he doesn't do anything half way. If he can't do it right he doesn't bother with it. These notes have to be some of the best I've seen and I can't wait to have some Texas notes in my pocket.

Regards,
                [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Cody G. Farrell[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UpStart Mess[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1"]http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1[/URL]
                ETHC
                [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"]Texas Ground Hornets[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/"]http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/[/URL]
                [I][SIZE="3"][B][U][FONT="Georgia"]Texas State Troops[/FONT][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I] - [URL="http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home"]http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home[/URL]

Comment

Gents-

Cody makes some fine bank notes, indeed, and I can attest to this. I have two of them and I'll bring them to Outpost so you can see them.

I feel we have a difficult time making the material culture come-alive of the period and Cody's notes are top-notch at filling-in the details of that material culture we so often miss.

They are signed with a period-correct fountain pen using a very-realistic looking style of signature, don't look like photocopying you so often see today, and are made with a correct-weight/gauge paper. I compared them to my original notes (2 Confederate notes - 10 and 20 dollars from 1864) I have and to some old museum-bought repros and Cody's notes are great looking in comparison.

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd
                  Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 10-21-2007, 05:41 PM.
                  Johnny Lloyd
                  John "Johnny" Lloyd
                  Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                  SCAR
                  Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                  Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                  Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                  Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                  X