Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Sale at Outpost!

Folks,

As most of you know Brian and I will be set up at Outpost selling our usual line of items including socks, drawers, shirts, some knit goods, and other smaller items. In addition to this we will have a handful of sack coats, and a couple of CS frocks on hand.

Additionally, I will be selling off a large portion of my collection of reproduction gear and uniforms. This will include a number of one-of-a-kind uniforms, many rare cartridge boxes and other leather items, several Federal and CS blankets, and a couple of firearms. These are all made by the top makers in the business and will be going at fair prices and most are rare items that are nearly impossible to come by these days. Friday night after the sale at the event site I will be putting the remainder of the items up for sale on the AC so they will be available to everyone.

So bring your cash, check books, or VISA and Mastercard to the event. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to pick up some very rare top quality reproduction items!

(Sorry, I won't have time to make up a list before the event of what I'll have.)

Best,
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Huge Sale at Outpost!

I look forward to seeing you there, Dan.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

All,

I will unfortunately be unable to attend Outpost due to a last-minute work emergency, but Dan will be offering my H.S.McComb shelter tent halves, Cincinnati Depot shelter tent halves, and gray flannel variant Fed. issue shirts. In addition to those products he will also have a few personal items of mine for sale including;

- C.S. frock coat made from discontinued FHW jean, lined with yellow/indigo checked seersucker and twill muslin. This particular garment also has custom cast C.S. general service eagle buttons which are simply the coolest button I've seen.

- Geo. McDill four-button jacket/sack coat in custom FHW jean, lined with discontinued FHW osnaburg. Some of you may be familiar with the original that is housed in the Mud River Museum in Tennessee. This jacket has western origins and is a very unique garment.

- C.S. commutation jacket made from discontinued Ben Tart logwood dyed plain-weave jeancloth, lined with osnaburg and lightweight duck, and completely hand-sewn with logwood dyed cotton thread.

- "Aspinwall" sack coat made from a charcoal gray rib-knit wool, with original Goodyear rubber buttons and bound along the edges with black cotton tape. This was a bit of a summer project for me last year and is loosely based on the knit sack coats worn by members of the New York State Militia.

- Wheel cap by Mike Stiles made from original rubberized cotton sateen, lined with brown linen and featuring original zinc "Gold Era" buttons. This cap must be seen to be believed!!!

- Original heavy gray/orange carriage blanket. I've used this thing as a CS blanket and it's very nice in the cold.

- Original double-woven coverlet in dark dark dark indigo blue linen and orange wool. The hems and center seam are sewn with the dark indigo warp yarn. I hate to let this one go as it's absolute mint condition but someone else will no doubt give it a good home!

If anyone's got questions about these items I'm going to be sending Dan along with a little information sheet that will have the particulars! Keep in mind that the garments listed above are all brand-new or used only once!

Best regards,
      Brian White
      [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
      [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
      [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

Hello,
        Prices would be nice for us unable to attend Outpost...???
        Tom "Mingo" Machingo
        Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
        Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
        Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
        KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Tom,

Everything will be posted Friday after we get back to the hotel room from the event site.

Everyone,

I've had a couple of calls from well-meaning people asking about various items we'll be selling and seeing if they can pre-order them. Please do NOT call me right now. I will likely not be answering my phone until next Monday anyway because we're going to be logging about 1,200 miles in the next three days and I still don't have everything ready to go.

We'll be making a list onsite at the end of the day Friday and posting that the moment I get in from the event that night. After that it will be a free-for-all on them items and things will be let out on a first-come first-served basis.

Finally, I wanted to give a BIG thank you to the WIG and it's members for allowing us to come down and set up at this event. Too many times folks generosity gets taken for granted and I wanted to let you know that we appreciate this very much!

Best Regards,
          Dan Wambaugh
          Wambaugh, White, & Company
          www.wwandcompany.com
          517-303-3609
          Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Working...
          X