Karin Timour at Remembrance Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin Timour at Remembrance Day

Come see me Remembrance Day (Saturday only) at Chris Daley's/Corner Clothiers' store (adjacent to Needle and Thread)! I couldn't get off work for Friday, but will be in the store all day Saturday.

New this Remembrance Day:

Federal Issue Stockings in Stock!
    Just a few pair available -- when they're gone, they're gone. Made to the specifications in the "Quartermaster's Manual," and as described in the "Columbia Rifles' Research Compendium, Second Edition."

Hand Woven Wool Scarves in Stock!
    62 inches long and 8 inches wide to keep you toasty. Soft wool in gray, dark blue and light blue.

Union "Echoes of Glory" Tam in Stock!
    Just a couple of these -- the blue one with the little white string and pom-pom.

Lots of Stocking Hats in Stock!
    These sold out early last year, lots of new colors and designs.

New on the Sock Line:

Mrs. Robert E. Lee's sock
    My reproduction from the original sock she made in the Museum of the Confederacy. Come examine it and if you like, order a pair for 2008.

Federal Issue Stockings
    I've got a small stock of these this year (see above), but if they've sold out by the time you see me on Saturday, you can order a pair for 2008.

THAT Flag Sock
    A pair of these were presented to President Lincoln in 1862 --you may have seen them this spring on the Antiques Roadshow. Federal Flag on the sock leg, First National Confederate flag knit into the bottom of the foot. Come examine it and order a pair for 2008.

Other socks on the sock line for you to examine and compare before ordering:

1862 Confederate Echoes of Glory/Museum of the Confederacy sock -- blue one with the white cabled ribbing.
    1861 United States Sanitary Commission sock
    1861 Mississippi sock
    1861 South Carolina Sock
    1864 Army of Tennessee Sock
    1865 United State Sanitary Commission sock
    1838 Workwoman's Guide sock
    1850 English sock

I look forward to seeing old friends again, and to meet some of the folks whose posts I've been reading here -- so come by during the day when you get a chance.

Looking forward,
    Karin Timour
    Period Knitting -- Socks, Sleeping Hats, Balaclavas
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    Email: Ktimour@aol.com
Working...
X