Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

Friends,
    The events of the last few days have shown me that things are beginning to revert to the way things were back when I started my business at the end of the 90's, that is, quality goods are not going to be readily at your fingertips as quickly as they were a couple of years back.
    With the downsizing and disappearance of some of the old "name" makers in the business a couple new stars have risen to take their place. These makers have learned from the mistakes of "the old guard" of makers and are poised to continue offering quality along with something even more important, your trust.
    One such man is Dan Wambaugh of WW and Company. Dan contacted me way back in my early days and I was glad to help him where I could. The result of his hard work and self taught learning is a really superior product made with loving care.
    That being said, I am happy to offer a small batch of lined Federal fatigue blouses from Dan. These blouses are a result of studying an original in the Don Troiani collection and the look of the garment is exceptional!

As stated I only have a few sized at 42;44;46 and 48. Cost is $199 with free shipping.

Also for your consideration are a few items I have ready to go:

1 pair CS trousers with mule ear pockets and belted back by Fred Baker. These trousers are 38 X 32, steel gray at $195 with free shipping.

2 vests, both size 40 -42 and $65 each, shipping free...pictures below.

1 Linen pleated front mens shirt, sized at 48, by Pat Brown with tab for buttoning to top button of trousers to keep pleats straight. $125 with free shipping. Pic below.

Type I and II caps by Mike Anderson and fully stocked housewives also from Mike.

Thanks!

Joe
    Last edited by JerseySkilletLicker; 01-20-2008, 02:13 PM.
    Joseph Hofmann

Re: The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

Plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose.
    Craig L Barry
    Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
    Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
    Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
    Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

By the way, a great maker of federal overcoats is Mike Anderson, who sells through Joe and uses a pattern drafted off a surviving E. Tracy contract overcoat. I have seen one of Mike's and it is very nice at a great price, as are his officer overcoats, caps, shirts, etc.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Just Shipped to Joe Hoffman

Sleeping Hats and Socks
        All Wool
        Hand Knit
        Period Dyes

A few things that got done while that massive Fall Dye Run was simmering.
        You know there's some Christmas money somewhere to get something for yourownself :D

And when there is time to get off my feet and back to knitting, there will be more a'coming.
        Attached Files
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
        X