X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last of the goods to go...part II

Folks,
    Thanks as always to your responses on the last batch o goods.
    As always you should contact me via email at winger6049@aol.com
    You may also phone me at 201-791-2316.
    I accept Visa; Mastercard; American Express and Money Orders.

Now, on to the next batch of winners:

Museum of the Confederacy woolen bound housewife - 4 available - new - $25 shipping included. (Mike Anderson MFG.)

Cpl. Gilpen sewing kit, bound edges - new - 1 available - $25 shipping included (Mike Anderson MFG.) Pending

Wool scarf, wool from Terre Lawson, knitted by DeLaine Bartsch - new -1 available - $45 shipping includedPending

Wool scarf, same as above - used - $15 shipping included (picture upon request). Pending

Canteen Sling, leather - new - 2 available - $15 shipping included (************ MFG.) Both slings pending

Type I Federal Fatigue Cap - new - 1 @ size 7 1/2 - $70 shipping included (pic on request) (Mike Anderson MFG.)Pending

Shoulder Straps - new - Cavalry Captain (3); Cavalry 1st LT (2); Cavalry 2nd LT (1) - $14 per pair shipping included (pic in post below) (Military Warehouse).

Also in the post below are the email addresses of some of my vendors who are still open for direct business. If you have questions about any of them feel free to call me.

Joe
    Last edited by JerseySkilletLicker; 03-10-2009, 12:59 PM.
    Joseph Hofmann

Re: Last of the goods to go...part II

Joe, sent pm on trousers.
    Thanks
    John McClellan

Comment

PM sent on the Mike Anderson size 7 1/4 Federal forage cap, a pocket mirror, and a ************ canteen sling.

Comment

e-mail sent on mirror and sling
        Last edited by fedhead; 01-28-2008, 02:13 PM.
        Martyn Goddard
        American Eagle Society
        Mess #4

http://www.aesoc.org/

Comment

E-mailed you about the used scarf.
          Tristan Galloway

Comment

interested in both caps
            Ernie Manzo
            Co. C, 1st USSS (NCWA)

Comment

Emails to be sent concerning caps sir.

Thanks,

Jarret M. Wasko
              Jarret Michael 'JM' Wasko

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySkilletLicker View Post
                Wool scarf, wool from Terre Lawson, knitted by DeLaine Bartsch - new -1 available - $45 shipping includedPending

Since buyers often like to know, here's the dye listings for the crocheted scarf made by Delanie Bartsch from my yarns.

Grey: a natural wool almost straight off the sheep, with only a passing acquaintance with soap and water--some of the natural lanolin remains in this yarn, increasing both warmth and water repellancy. The almost white stripe is also sheep-colored, and may also contain natural lanolin. Lanolin does have to be throughly washed out in order for the yarn to take dye.

Yellow: Bois D'arc with alum mordant. This dye, taken from the heartwood of a native tree, is a bright yellow. Over time, it will oxidize to a tan

Red: Cochineal with tin and alum mordants. This dye comes from a small bug, native to Central America. It is the same dye used to dye the British Redcoats, red--that is, for the officers, as this was and remains an expensive dye.

Tan: Hard to tell on this one, as its been awhile, and many things produce a tan color. I'm betting this one is dogwood with tin, with the last of the bois d'arc pot thrown in for good measure.
                Terre Hood Biederman
                Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Thankyou Terre, you are a joy to behold....and Ive said it before, if I was a single man you would be in my sights! A true, dyed in the wool, Southern Belle!
                  Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Joe,

Thank you kindly sir.

I see you have missed the fact that there is a Dear Husband in the background, loading the truck, driving the truck, dumping the plunder out of the truck, picking up his golfs clubs, heading off to find the Motel 6, playing 2 days of golf, loading the truck, and driving me home.

But, in the interests of fairness, you are being issued ticket number 15 to hold your place in line. Tickets expire in two years and must be renewed by formal proposal in order to hold your place in line. Ticket may be redeemed with ring in hand, but you take potluck as to whether you get me or Sister, just depends who is available. Fair warning, she is the cook.

Now serving number two.........
                    Terre Hood Biederman
                    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Mrs Lawson, your proposal regarding you and your sister sounds a bit like Jacob's trouble trying to get Rachel as a wife from Laban in Genesis. I couldn't help but chuckling!
                      [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Joanna Norris Forbes[/FONT]

Comment

LOL! Thats what I love about ya...thanks for the number, its up to what gets called first...you or the Mother Goose Liver Wurst at the deli counter.
                        Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                        X