Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Enfield Top Bands For Sale

Guys,

I had the good fortune to obtain a lot of original Palmer style Type III Enfield barrel bands complete with swivels this weekend at the Civil War show in Dalton. I am offering 15 of these bands to A/C members at a special rate. These are not listed on my web site right now, as I would like you guys to have first crack at them to de-farb your Enfields. The bands are all in good, complete condition with the swivel, screw and screw keeper in tact. Most of them have Enfield inspector stamps (Crown/E/#) and some do have WD-Broad Arrow war department marks. These could be removed without a lot of effort if you desire to do so. The bands are mostly a medium gray gun metal color with some very light surface rust or discoloration. All of these should clean up nicely, and you can blue them if you so desire. I put one on my Euroarms Enfield last night, and it took about 2 minutes. Due to the the slightly oversized stock & barrel I had to tap the band into place the last 1/2" or so with a small brass hammer. It fit just fine, with no wood or metal work required. However, as Curt likes to say, "your mileage may vary".

The last time I saw Lodgewood selling these, he was charging between $100 and $150 each for them. I am offering them to the A/C community for $80.00 including shipping. If you purchase three or more (shipped in the same package) I'll knock them down to $70.00 each, including shipping. There are three or four bands in the lot with slightly bent sling swivels, if anyone wants those bands, I'll knock $10.00 off of them from either of the above prices. Pictures of the bands are attached to this post.

As previously noted, these are not on my web site, please contact me via E-mail tim@collegehillarsenal.com or telephone at 615-972-2418 to order. You can pay via credit card (Visa/MC/Amex) over the phone, or mail payment to me at:

College Hill Arsenal
    PO Box 178204
    Nashville, TN 37217

Either way, if you want a barrel band let me know right away so I can make sure that you get one. The bands that don't sell via the forums over the next week or so will go on my web site for $100.00 plus shipping.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    [SIZE=1]Your most humble and obedient servant,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tim Prince[/SIZE]
    [I]Member CWDCA (The Civil War Dealers & Collectors Association)
    Member CWPT (Civil War Preservation Trust)
    Member The Company of Military Historians
    Member SABC (Society of American Bayonet Collectors)
    Hiram Lodge #7 F&AM
    [/I][URL=http://www.collegehillarsenal.com]collegehillarsenal.com[/URL]

Re: Original Enfield Top Bands For Sale

This is a good deal - particuarily b/c the correct swivel is already attached. When I replaced the repro swivel on my enfield (armisport) with an original - it was a real pain. Wish I had one of these then.
    Garrett W. Silliman

[I]Don't Float the Mainstream[/I]
    [SIZE="1"]-Sweetwater Brewing Company, Atlanta, GA[/SIZE]

Comment

Tim,
      are all of the bands marked w/the "WD" War Dept stamp?
      [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
      Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
      Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
      Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
      The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Tim, have you any leads on the other two bands needed in a set for 3rd Model? I'd like to be able to give 'em all the same finish.
        Otherwise, count me in for one of the "non-bent" first bands.
        Thanks.
        Paul "The Check's in the Mail" Hadley
        Lincoln, Neb.
        Paul Hadley

Comment

Guys,

I don't have a good lead on middle or bottom bands, I just got lucky finding this lot.

Some of the bands are just Enfield inspected without the WD/Broad Arrow and very few have no visible marks. About half are WD marked, however.

So far 3 are spoken for, so we are down to 12......
          Hiram Lodge #7 F&AM

Comment

Howdy, lads,
            I'm planning to reshape the shoulders of the middle and lower bands on my ASport reproduction so they'll at least somewhat more closely match the profile of the "new" upper band from College Hill.
            My question now becomes: since the reproduction bands aren't quite the right metal, if I'm understanding previous threads correctly, will I be able to refinish them so that's it's not obvious that the original band is different in age and composition? (I would refinish all three bands at the same time.)
            Am I even making sense?
            It's almost Friday.
            Paul Hadley
            Paul Hadley

Comment

Tim,
              I'd like the best one you have left w/o the Broad Arrow & WD, and a straight sling loop if its possible. I have an Armi Sport that will benefit from this band! Email sent and will call and tomorrow! Thanks
              [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
              Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
              The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Inventory update:

Here is what is left of the barrel bands. As noted before, if you want one please call (615-972-2418) or e-mail me tim@collegehillarsenal.com. Replying on the forums will not necessarily reserve what you want, as I don't have lots of time to check them. As of 11:52 AM CT on 2/9/08 I have the following:

(1) Very good band with Enfield inspector marks but NO WD/Broad Arrow
                (2) Very good bands with Enfield inspector marks & WD/Broad Arrow marks
                (3) Good bands with bent swivels with Enfield inspector marks but NO WD/Broad Arrow
                (3) Good band with bent swivels with Enfield inspector marks & WD/Broad Arrow

The bands with bent swivels are all plenty serviceable and all look like they would accept a sling just fine.

Thanks to those who have already purchased or reserved a band!
                Last edited by Tim Prince; 02-09-2008, 01:25 PM. Reason: changes in inventory status....
                Hiram Lodge #7 F&AM

Comment

Just wanted to let everybody know, I recieved my BB from CHA today!:) Looks great for 150 + years and I'm sure it will fit great on the Armi-Sport Enfield :tounge_smtoo. Another happy CHA customer.

And talk about fast shipping!!! I wasn't expecting it for a couple of days yet! What a suprise to see it in the mailbox this evening! Thanks Tim!:D

Comment

Mike,

Thank you for the kind words.

I want to remind everyone that since these are original bands and that the reproductions are slightly oversized in the barrel and stock that it might take a little effort to get the band all the way on. On my Euroarms, the band went to within about 1/2" of where it belonged, but with a couple of taps from a brass hammer it slid into place. Make sure that you loosen the tension screw as far as possible prior to putting the band on, because the oversized stocks & barrel will force the band out a little bit in order to fit. After it is in place, go ahead and tighten the screw. This might seem really obvious, but take the ramrod out before you start this process. I only mention it because I know someone who didn't a few years ago and they tightened the band around the rod, then they could not figure out why the rod was stuck........
                    Last edited by Tim Prince; 02-12-2008, 10:08 AM.
                    Hiram Lodge #7 F&AM

Comment

Got it, thanks.
                      B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

The band fit my ca. 1980 Euroarms Enfield perfectly. I had tools and scrapers and oil and varnish and Band-Aids ready to help fit the band and mask the alteration. I only needed the rifle tool to loosen the old reproduction band and snug up the newly acquired original. The ramrod is now a bit tighter, but thats a good thing.

Did I mention it was a perfect fit?
                        B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

I recieved my barrell band tuesday and am very happy with it. Tim is an excellent salesman ,a great person to deal with and a excelent resource in the hobby!Will buy from again!!!:D
                          Juston Pope
                          "Temperance"
                          Independent Rifles

Do YOU get tired of hamming and yamming at the Rootbeer stand? Tired of the soft handed authentic movement? PM me and join the IR!

Comment

Working...
                          X