Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otter Creek Tinware

Friends,
    I recently purchased two boilers from Otter Creek Tinware and thought I'd pass along my accolades for the same. They are totally authentic in appearance, with a flat bottom, holes punched by a bayonet for the wire handle, a turned-over top lid, left rough as a soldier would've, and topped off by a very authentic food label. On top of the attention to detail, John Peterson offers his merchandise at a very fair price and delivers them in a very timely fashion. I can't recommend his wares too highly.
    -Joe Bordonaro
    Joe Bordonaro

Re: Otter Creek Tinware

Joe,

Completely agree with you! I carried my filter canteen again this weekend and was once again thrilled to have such a piece.

Thanks John (and Don Smith in my case).

Will Eichler
    Will Eichler

Member, Company of Military Historians
    Saginaw City Light Infantry
    Hubbard Winsor Lodge #420
    Stony Creek Lodge #5

Civil War Digital Digest
    http://civilwardigitaldigest.com/

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
    www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com

Comment

I too, had the pleasure of doing business with Mr. Peterson. Like Mr. Bordonaro, I also ordered the Tin Can Boiler. I wish I had a photo available to show how nicely the outside label has "become older", while retaining a clean and shiny inside.

I also ordered the Heyden Private Purchase Cup, which got complimented this past weekend (the exact words were, 'Hey, that's a nice cup!').

I can't think of any other way in which Otter Creek Tinware's products could be anymore authentic and more efficiently sold.

So, check it out! (http://mysite.verizon.net/ottertin/octinw1.html)
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Thumbs-up: Otter Creek Tinware

Gents-

After finding my wife ordered me a tin drum canteen, Mr. Peterson was so kind as to change my existing order to a wonderful japanned tin lantern, at no extra fee! :D

This was the crate I received at W64 from Pvt. George Leichtman's "Uncle Hiram" in Vermont. The packaging was period down to the square nails in the crate, wood shavings to cushion the item inside and the box holding the lantern inside was made with Harper's Weekly strips that were glued to reinforce the box!

Wow, what great detail and such personal service from Otter Creek.

Did I mention the lantern was awesome too??? :p

Thanks- Johny Lloyd
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

I too must offer my own sincere appreciation to Mr. Peterson and his excellent work. He helped me out with a very nice cup before the Pea Ridge Anniversary in March. I cannot wait to get more tinware from him.
          Matthew S. Laird
          [email]CampMcCulloch@gmail.com[/email]
          [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rogers Lodge #460 F&AM

Cane Hill College Mess, Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
          Auxiliary, New Madrid Guards Mess
          [/COLOR]
          [I]"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "[/I] Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
          X