Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an 'other vendor' once again. :)

Members,

I’m voluntarily withdrawing from the Approved Vendor program. It has been 8 months since I’ve gone from a full time business to a part time business. I had anticipated being caught up on orders by now, but I still have customers waiting on orders, and am still behind on e-mails, PMs and phone messages.

During the last 8 months, Paul and his staff have gotten many complaints and grief from my customers, forum members and other Approved Vendors about my customer service. It is unfair to Paul and the AC forum to continue as an Approved Vendor. My customers, other Approved Vendors and Paul shouldn't have to suffer because I took a full time job.

I have no excuses for the delay in getting the orders out. I’ve been working hard to keep in contact with customers and finish your orders. Many days I’ve worked well into the next morning sewing on garments and yet I have failed to meet the deadlines I’ve promised. It’s just not right to keep advertising here until my current customers are satisfied.

I do value being an Approved Vendor here and have been a proud member of the AC forums since 2001. There are scores of forums, chat rooms and blogs related to the hobby, but I’ve always considered the AC a step above, that’s why I come here every day. As I get my business in order I hope one day to return in good standing, but until this time I will enjoy the forums as an ‘other vendor’. :)

I encourage each of you to contact me directly if you have any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, suggestions, ideas or thoughts about this.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Re: I'm an 'other vendor' once again. :)

Chris you will always be an "Approved Vendor" in my book. I know you have had some difficulties and I wish you luck in getting them sorted out.

Robert Clanton

P.S. Will kissing up get me my Sack Coat any sooner? Just kidding. Good luck!
    Robert Clanton

“Given that the vast majority of Americans have never heard a shot fired in anger, the imaginative presentation of military history is vital, lest rising generations have no sense of the sacrifices of which they are beneficiaries.”

George Will

Comment

Originally posted by Spewy View Post
      P.S. Will kissing up get me my Sack Coat any sooner? Just kidding. Good luck!
      Thanks for the compliment Robert, but neither kissing up, nor complaining make me sew faster. I sew at once pace and always have. I won't cut corners to get the orders done quicker (despite bribes and threats :) ) and appreciate everyone's patience while I finish your orders.

I really didn't intend for anyone to suffer because I took a full-time job and NO ONE wants me to be caught up more than I do. The stress is really taking a physical toll on me.

My primary goal in dropping down to 'other vendor' is to relieve the burden placed on Paul. He has been really patient through this whole process, but it's unfair to him to be the middleman in dealing with my customers. He shouldn't have to be my customer service department just because I paid to advertise here, that's just wrong and I'm taking responsibility for my failure and taking the burden off of Paul (and the other mods).

I also don't want the AC Vendor program to get a bad rap. My fellow vendors have complained about my service and I don't want their status here to be diminished simply because I'm behind on orders. I care about my fellow business owners in the hobby and don't want them to suffer.

BTW: I highly suggest contacting me directly if you want to check up on your order.
      Last edited by CJDaley; 05-16-2008, 06:02 PM.
      [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Mr. Daley,

Thank you for your service to the hobby over the years and for makin' me some fine duds from time to time.:) Your expertise and work has never yeilded with me and I wish you good luck in all your future ventures.

Best Wishes,
        Erik McBroom
        Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
        16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
        Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Chris, it takes a real man to stand up and do this. I applaud the courage you have shown and I hope this doesn't mean you won't be spending time on the AC!

May the Force be with you and your family. :D
          Guy W. Gane III
          Casting Director/Owner
          Old Timey Casting, LLC.

Member of:
          49th NYVI Co. B
          The Filthy Mess

Historian since 1982 - Reenactor since birth - Proud Member of the 'A.C.' since September 2004.sigpic

Comment

Chris:

Best of luck getting caught up. You will always be one of the best and I will alway proudly wear uniform items you have produced for me!!

Kace
            Kevin 'Kace' Christensen
            7th & 30th Missouri Volunteers

Comment

Hats off to you Chris for doing what a lot of folks don't do which only results in burning bridges with folks they built up a rapport with over the years. Good luck in the future.~Gary
              Gary Dombrowski
              [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Chris - me, my closet and someday my son, thank you.
                Soli Deo Gloria
                Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

This is beginning to sound like a eulogy...

Comment

Well then think of this way. We are all hoping you will rise again.....

Kace
                    Kevin 'Kace' Christensen
                    7th & 30th Missouri Volunteers

Comment

Just goes to show how a vendor can do it right with both a needle and thread and also how he looks out for his friend and customers. What Chris does is an art and well worth the wait.
                      Brian Gilk

Comment

As Forrest once said (Gump that is), "it happens." Hope you get caught up and some of those more impatient customers understand. Keep up the good work.

Paul Arnold
                        Paul Arnold

Comment

Define "impatient". I love his work, but am still waiting for a coat that I ordered over a year ago.
                          Jeff Lawson
                          2nd Vermont, Co. E

Comment

Working...
                          X