Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fugawee Shoes

Pards,

What do ya'll know about know about the Fugawee Shoe Company? Authenticity, comfort and longevity?

Thank Ya'll!
    Kindest regards,

Robert "Rocky" Kilpatrick
    Prattville Lodge #89 F&AM

Re: Fugawee Shoes

sending you a pm...

Comment

Brandon Sollars

Comment

Rocky,

Fugawee has been in business a long time, making shoes for multiple time periods. Those shoes are well-wearing, reasonably well-researched and comfortable. If you try them on and they don't fit and you haven't scuffed up the bottoms, you can return them without a lot of fuss.

In my opinion, they are best described as high-end mainstream shoes. Custom fitted Missouri Boot and Shoe, they are not,(and if you had both time and money, that's what I'd recommend for you) Neither are they Robert Lands. They are a quality off-the-rack shoe. I've always gotten excellent customer service from them.

I've been through a lot of different shoes over the years--and for many years, walked right through a pair of reenacting shoes in a year. I'm hard on shoes. I've worn both women's and men's Fugawees manufactured for 3 different time periods.

If on a given day my prime objective is to be beautiful --I've got on Robert Lands. If my prime objective is to cover ground and let the dust cover me---I've got on Fugawees.

Your main challenge here is that you have a significant time contraint, and a moderate money constraint. You've been hunting for a number of months for a good pair of used authentic shoes in your size, and you've been unsucessful. The shoes you do own are tearing your feet up. Given these conditions, Fugawees are going to be a quickly available choice in a price range you can afford. Buy up one size and plan to wear a thick pair of wool socks.

Other's mileage and opinions will most definitely vary..........
        Last edited by Spinster; 06-01-2008, 03:43 PM.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
        X