Jim Lammers accoutrements info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lammers accoutrements info

I'm looking for some input on the quality of CCSD's accoutrements. I'm looking to do a federal impression on a very limited basis. I know CCSD isn't at the top of the leather world, but I don't want to buy from an approved vendor due to lack of use. If anybody could shed some light on handstitching vs. machine, quality of the leather, and durability it would be greatly appreciated.
    Pards,

Jared Byrnes

Re: Jim Lammers accoutrements info

Jared,

Sadly, Jim passed away a few months ago. I'm sorry if you hadn't heard yet.

Here is a thread about Jim on the AC forum: http://authentic-campaigner.com/foru...ht=jim+lammers
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

But to answer you question regarding Jim quality of work. I own a pair of brogans bought about 6-7 years ago. They are still going strong and just made the work out of Pickett's Mill. I have had shoes from other vendors (quality) that did not last as long.
      Thanks
      Daniel MacInnis
      Adair Guards
      Commonwealth Grays
      [URL="http://www.westernindependentgrays.org"]WIG[/URL]
      [URL="http://www.westernfederalblues.org"]Western Federal Blues[/URL]

Comment

Chris,

I was aware that Jim passed, but I have not officially heard who was taking over the operation.
        Pards,

Jared Byrnes

Comment

Dan,

I've also got a pair of his brogans, and have been pleased with them. However, I want to make sure that his accoutrements are of the same quality as his shoes. I know some sutlers make a certain item their trademark item hence the reason for my post.
          Pards,

Jared Byrnes

Comment

I'd heard that Jim's widow and their children were going to carry on the business. Jim had taught the son(s) the craft. It was reported that while they would not be attending events they would be operational as a mail order business. The web site is still up. Try contacting them.
            David Parent

The Cracker Mess
            MLK Mess
            Black Hat Boys
            WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

On the CW reenactors forum I had some contact with one of Jims daughters when I questioned the future of CCSD. Here is her response...

"Cedar Creek Supply is being continued by his daughters and wife. We are still making the shoes and several other items including the haversack, mens shirts, campaigners shirt and womens items. Knapsacks will come in the future. My sister made the bag, but dad put the leather on. When she gets that worked out, knapsacks will be available as well."

Comment

Folks;
                I was in the Lammers' shop on Friday. Linda was there, as well as two of her daughters. The shoes are still being made (still copied from an original, still using the same leather, still using the same craftmanship). Cartridge boxes are not being made however cap pouches and other items are. I think your best bet is to go to their website and see if an item was offered before and then call them. Linda said they are not doing credit cards/online transactions right now until they see how this year goes. She said they are on a "year long trial basis". After they see how it goes, they (as a family) will make a decision whether or not to continue. They are VERY nice people and will be glad to hear from you if you give them a call.
                Luke Gilly
                Breckinridge Greys
                Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

He was the guy who did the Mann's Equipments, right? Are they still going to do these are does anyone know about the wearabouts or future of the stamping dies?

Chris Fischer
                  F-Troop
                  &
                  Fort McKavett

Comment

It has been some time since I have dealt with the family, since I have moved away from Tennessee. I agree with Luke that they are very nice people, and I have always enjoyed their friendliness and courtesy in the past. Great people to do business with.
                    - David Cortez
                    Independent

"The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters."
                    - Genghis Khan

Comment

Yes they are nice and great to deal with.
                      Cpl. Ryan Halsey
                      Wampus Cats Mess
                      Mossy Creek Mess-SCAR
                      Breckinridge Greys
                      Liberty Rifles

Comment

Working...
                      X