Private Purchase Metallic Corps badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Purchase Metallic Corps badges

Does anyone know a source for accurate private purchase metallic Union Corps badges?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Backus

Re: Private Purchase Metallic Corps badges

I had found some stamped brass corp badges at a "mainstream" vendor site. I do not recall who off hand though. I have had a couple made by a local jewler. She custom makes silver jewlery, and we visit her store quite oftnen, it is one of my wife's favorite stores. I started talking to her about the possibilty of making silver corp badges, and then took some pictures, and the Union EOG into her. Since then, she has produced some badges for me. The biggest issue was getting the "C" clasp correct, but it was easily overcome. I would suggest calling around to some local jewlers and running the idea by them. If they are game, take in some pictures and they should be able to produce them. For the most part, they are just "cut out" shapes. We typically go over some design ideas, and then she hand cuts them from flat, coin silver stock. The jewler should also have the capability to produce brass ones as well, depending on your budget.

Best regards,
    Thad
    Jeff "Thad" Gallagher

Pit Rat Mess
    49th Ohio
    Huber Heights #777 F&AM

"The moralities of this company are not as good as they used to be, there is much swearing and abuse." Francis Kiene 49th OVI

Comment

Re: Private Purchase Metallic Corps badges

Originally posted by bAcK88 View Post
      Does anyone know a source for accurate private purchase metallic Union Corps badges?

Thanks,
      Bill
      Hi Bill,

Depending on the corps badge, check with S&S Fire Arms. The ones they have are very well done

Or talk to a jewler about having one made custom.

I can make them as well , although they are of a simple design

Hope this helps

Don S
      Don F Smith

Comment

Working...
      X