Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMD and Don Smith

What can I saw but WOW!

Don, my many and heartfelt thanks to you for you hard and dedicated work. You burned the midnight oil to ensure my fly tent and medical instrument case arrived in time for AHT. And given the rain, I am glad I had that fly. It kept the rain off and looke awesome. All hand sewn grommets looks awesome! All I needed was some hemp rope and some tent pegs and I was in business.

The medical instrument case looks awesome also. I sent you images of originals and my instruments and you made me a custom case which exceeds my expectations. I couldn't be happier. You will be my first choice for custom work!

And I can't forget the folded leather officers belt! Truely a work of art. The Parksley reproduction buckle looked so good on that and I even stopped by to show them your belt AHT. I know one other officer saw mine and was asking where I got it. Looks like you will be getting more requests for these!

If you don't see an item listed on his website which you need, just like with my medical instrument case, be sure to ask Don if he can make it. He has been able to help me every time!

You'll be seeing more orders from me for certain.

Thanks for making such fine quality goods!
    Harry Aycock

Chief Surgeon
    Southern Division

Re: TMD and Don Smith

I keep meaning to post about Don's work but keep forgetting. I ordered the model 1850 sword belt from him and...well wow just awesome! I was in a huge time contraint as well and he got it to me and from all I have seen in the pictures of his repro, it was certainly above and beyond what I thought the M1850 would be. He even added a loop for me in case I ever wanted to add a shoulder strap. His service and ability to explain some finer points of officer stuff to a new officer was great! He will definitely get my business again!
    Brandon English

"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."--William T. Sherman

Comment

All I can say is that I agree that he is one of the best around. I have a pair of Federal Infrantry pants and a Invalid Corp Jacket from him. In addition I have a pair of civilian drawers coming. All his work is outstaning.
      Pvt. Rudy Norvelle
      20th Maine Vol Inf Co. G
      Third Brigade, First Divison, Fifth Corps
      Army of the Potomac

Comment

To Add to Mr. Smith's list of accomplishments...

I'm glad to have the privilege of announcing that Gordon Thomas Smith was born to Renee and Don Smith (of TMD) at 11:59 this morning: 7 pounds, 10 ounces; 19 inches long.

Both Mother and Baby are doing well, Dad sounded a little off balance still.
        Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
        1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
        Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Congrats Don!! Sounds like you have some sleepless nights ahead of you!
          Dan Chmelar
          Semper Fi
          -ONV
          -WIG
          -CIR!

Comment

Great and Congraulations!
            Pvt. Rudy Norvelle
            20th Maine Vol Inf Co. G
            Third Brigade, First Divison, Fifth Corps
            Army of the Potomac

Comment

The happiest news I've had all day. Congratulations!
              Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum

Hamptons Legion, Co. G., Claremont Rifles
              Winstontown

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum". ... James Petigru describing his native state in 1860

Comment

Don,

Congratulations on the new arrival!
                [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Outstanding news Don. I wish you and your family the best! Will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Justin
                  [B]Justin Morris[/B]
                  [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
                  "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the work on the items you recieved, and especially for the continued patience of those of you who are waiting.

I sincerely appreciate your long patience. I promise it will be worth the wait. I am looking forward to Dec when I will be caught up and back to a more reasonable wait time of 6-10 weeks.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding the birth of my son Gordon to my wife and I.

Mom and our son Gordon are doing well and are adjusting nicely to being home. We are so very excited to be a parents, as this all has been long, long awaited as a few of you know.

I will be in the shop resuming work tomorrow (Mon) after being in the hospital for 4 days ( My wife had to go through a C section).

All the very best

Don S
                    Don F Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X