Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.R. Wickersty Signs and Uniforms!

Dia duit ar maidin, Good morning!

I'm beginning a thread of recommendation for Jason Wickersty, proprietor of J.R. Wickersty Signs and Uniforms.

I fool-heartily was looking for one of our vendors to procure me a jacket in time for "At High Tide", roughly two and a half weeks before the event itself. Aside from being extraordinarily hopeful, I realized in hindsight that my request was incredibly rash. :( And the response emails were clearly evident of that, people already had commitments and orders to process.

However, whether he did it out of friendship or being the genuine character that he is, Jason contacted me very quickly and said he would take on the project! The jacket I was interested in, unlike most, was custom-tailored from a digital Ambrotype file I had saved on my comp of three members of the 12th Virginia Inf'y in 1863. Brief detective work on the image and scurrying around for the necessary materials, and he was on it.

Sure enough, I met up with Jason at the new Gettysburg Visitor Center on the 27th of June and the jacket was completed! That being said, I'm amazed at the extravagance and detailing he produced in such a short period of time (see wet-attachments). On top of that, the man is getting married and such! I believe he really deserves a note of excellence for this reason.

Please visit his page, his email is still the same: http://www.jrwickerstysigns.com/index.html

So, thank you again Jay!

Post Script: While at the Vistor Center (I can't recall if you had left by then) an Asian family came up to me and asked if they could have a photo or two with their daughters included. Well, of course, after they left the mess mates started giving me crap about it and wondering, 'Why would an Asian family want me in their photo...?' The joke now is, 'Because of Wickersty's topstitching!' :D
    Last edited by Shockoe Hill Cats; 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM.
    Jason C. Spellman
    Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Re: J.R. Wickersty Signs and Uniforms!

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Spellman for the first time at the AHT event and was able to see this jacket. It was some VERY nice work!

Wish I had know you were in town, Mr. Wickersty! It would have been nice to put the face with the name. :( Oh well... such is life!
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
    X