Charlie Childs Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Childs Fabric

Charlie Childs has a kersey listed on his website, #K2CS. There's no picture posted. Has anyone seen this? Anyone with more up to date swatches than me want to chime in with a description?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt Wright

Re: Charlie Childs Fabric

Charlie Childs might be one of the best people in this business to deal with. Send him and e-mail or give him a call, and I am sure he would be willing to help.
    ~ Chris Hubbard
    Robert L. Miller Award Winner No. 28 May, 2007
    [url]www.acwsa.org[/url]

Comment

K2 is their sky blue kersey as would be used for Federal trousers and great coats. My guess is that this is a sky blue or medium blue kersey intended as a reproduction of the English blue kersey that was used on trousers made by the Richmond Clothing Bureau.

If you look through your CS "Echoes...", you'll see several pairs of these trousers.

I hope this is helpful!
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

It is a "brighter", richer sky blue that resembles Pender's imported trousers (see EoG) and appears to be a bit lighter in weight than K-2.
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I had already emailed Mr. Childs before I posted here, but figured that having just got through two Gettysburgs he might be taking a break. I was wrong.

Charlie responded pretty quickly. K2CS is K2 that's been over dyed to match the "average" sky blue at the MOC. Apparently the survey of MOC trousers was conducted by a customer who then sent Charlie a swatch, which he matched.

Thanks for the responses,
          Matt Wright

Comment

Working...
          X